Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat all components

Options
  • 30-08-2011 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

What does repeat all components mean beside the results for exams actually mean ? Does it mean repeat the entire semester for that module or what ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I think it means you have to repeat the written exam plus any projects/assignments that you were given throughout the semester..

They should have posted the assignments or projects out to you if you had to repeat them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I think it means you have to repeat the written exam plus any projects/assignments that you were given throughout the semester..

They should have posted the assignments or projects out to you if you had to repeat them..

I don't seem to get anything in the post from dit anymore , it used to be the other way around and they'd send me out all sorts of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Repeat all components means that you failed both the continuous assessment and written exam parts of the module. While you would assume that this means you need to repeat both parts (and in turn the whole module), you can still attain an overall pass in the module by scoring a high enough mark in your repeat exam to bring the overall weighting between written and CA to 40% or more, meaning you wouldn't have to repeat the module the following year.

This is the case for the School of Computing anyway, and I imagine the whole of DIT although could be altered on a module by module basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 seanleavy

Yeah I can vouch for this. Just hope that the ca is not worth 50% otherwise you'll have to score 80% or higher on the written test

Advertisement