Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avian vet

• 30-08-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Could anybody tell me how much it is to bring a pet bird to a avian vet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It shouldn't cost any more than a regular vet, in fact sometimes it is less because the amount of medication for example can be just a small drop so it works out cheaper. Depends what needs doing? What's up with the birdy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Carrieleee

There's a great one but incredibly expensive one in Bray and another in Leixlip The one in Leixlip is great, but not 'famously' known in Ireland like the one Baribre O'Malley's in Bray. http://www.veterinary.ie/

There aren't many around, but I'd reccommend Leixlip, it's very reasonably priced. http://leixlipvet.com/

What type of bird do you have and what is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Simon84

Thanks lads think he might be fine now he's a canary and he was sitting at the bottom of the cage last two days and has'nt been himself I looked it up on the net as this is my first bird and it said its a sign of sickness but when I got up dis morning he was back to himself jumping around the cage and whistling hopefully he will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It could of been anything, household sprays and non stick cookware etc. can affect a bird, diet and stress as well so it would be hard to guess what it was.
    But to be honest you should treat any sign of illness as an emergency with birds because they go downhill very quickly it's not a good idea to wait days the first sign of illness you need to at the least phone a vet for advice.

Advertisement