Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerned about one of my cats

• 30-08-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have two cats , both neutered male and female siblings about 18 months old. The male cat was always very energetic, mad to be outside, running around all day long. they would both come in sometime during the night and snuggle up on our bed. We had to go away for 5 night s about two weeks ago and since we came back I noticed that both cats are sleeping loads more and hardly leaving the house. Its not such a big change for the female but it is for the male. The last two days we were away the cats were outside with access to the house/ food/ water, the previous three days they were inside, with a daily visit for water/food/ litter. Its such a big change in behaviour that im worried about the male cat. Is such a change in behavious normal, or is it a reaction to our being away? Should I be worried??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

It may be a response to you being away, but you really can't rule out illness. If my cat was behaving unusually, I would suspect illness. It is possible they ate something while outside, etc. In any event, I would contact a vet, perhaps ring the vet and ask his/her advice and if you should bring the cats to them. I wouldn't take any chances in case they have picked up something.

Advertisement