Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Servicing - who pays?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Coming up to the end of my lease but happy so looking to take on another 12 month contract.

Thing is I've never serviced the boiler (12 months) and not sure how long more before that it has been since its been serviced.

I would like to get it serviced in the next few weeks but would like to bring it up with my landlord before signing the new lease.

Anyone know whose responsibility it is for the service - mine or the landlords?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The landlord should pay for this as it's their responsibility. In the last place I lived, the landlord didn't call around too often, so would leave it up to us to arrange the boiler service. It would be added to the gas bill, and then we would take the cost of the service out of the rent.

But I would definitely talk to your landlord before arranging one and see if she'll pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

convert wrote: »
    The landlord should pay for this as it's their responsibility. In the last place I lived, the landlord didn't call around too often, so would leave it up to us to arrange the boiler service. It would be added to the gas bill, and then we would take the cost of the service out of the rent.

But I would definitely talk to your landlord before arranging one and see if she'll pay for it.

Thanks.

Yeah landlord is similiar,has called to the house twice,rent is a standing order and all other contact is via SMS.

Don't think it would be a problem but would be happier one way or the other knowing whose responsibility it is before demanding the service.

Advertisement