Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CV/References-Advice

• 30-08-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I could do with a bit of advice, if there's anybody offering, please. I'm updating my CV to throw it into schools for sub teaching over the next few days and I'm unsure about my references. I graduated from teacher training and then did a Ma while subbing now and then. After my MA I went to England and worked as a teacher for a year, and now I'm back. The headmaster in England is providing me with one reference, but I'm unsure who I should include as my other reference. Before going to England it was a lecturer on the teacher training course and the head of Department in one of the schools I completed my placement in (these were the two we were instructed to include on our CV while on the teacher training course). My question is, is it too long ago to continue to include one of my lecturers from the teacher-training course as one of my references along with the headmaster in England? If so, what other options do I have?
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

IrishMark wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I could do with a bit of advice, if there's anybody offering, please. I'm updating my CV to throw it into schools for sub teaching over the next few days and I'm unsure about my references. I graduated from teacher training and then did a Ma while subbing now and then. After my MA I went to England and worked as a teacher for a year, and now I'm back. The headmaster in England is providing me with one reference, but I'm unsure who I should include as my other reference. Before going to England it was a lecturer on the teacher training course and the head of Department in one of the schools I completed my placement in (these were the two we were instructed to include on our CV while on the teacher training course). My question is, is it too long ago to continue to include one of my lecturers from the teacher-training course as one of my references along with the headmaster in England? If so, what other options do I have?
    Many thanks in advance.

Anyone from them MA who could comment on your work ethic or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I only ring a principal to be honest because they will tell the truth and know what its like to be landed with a bad teacher, i would never ring supervisors etc.

Advertisement