Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning tesco 3 for €3

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Happyzebra wrote: »

Mactard

It does go the other way too, and when it does it gets posted in bargain alerts

I'm confused. Thought bargins were intentional acts by store to sell off a product. Didn't know they're mistakes made by store!!!!!

It sucks that that confuses you and my apologies for being rude, but your post is a wee bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

that's why I like the way M&S sticker all their chilled foods with details of the offer on it, so you know what's in hte offer and what's not

Yeah, I think thats a great idea. Get the supplier to sticker them before they come in. Its not too bad in a small store, but in a larger store there's 4 different types of pineapple and 7 different types of bags of bananas. Even with checking special offer ends every hour, your still going to get a customer ho dumps what she was going to buy on top of the offer stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Resi12 wrote: »
    What the hell would 50c have done for you anyway? That's not that outrageous.

:D multiply that 50c by a few thousand customers caught out and now what can you do with it! Seriously we need to be more on the ball and complain complain complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Superquinn are the worst.. but at least you get the items for free if charged wrongly. Last week bought six different items and got everyone of them free as I was overcharged on each one. Make sure to check your receipt with Superquinn !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

kube wrote: »
    Hi, this might be in thewrong section, but feel I need to warn people about tesco's latest scam....I purchased the '3 veg for the €'3 offer and it did not go through at the checkout... I was charged €2.63 extra,I then had to queue up at customer service and wait until some assistant somewhere in the store phoned back to customer service to say I was right. I then went to purchase the 'Any 3 fruit for €3' but this time I said to the checkout girl can you check that I have actually got the fruit for €3!. She looked at the screen and said 'No , sorry, I'll call the manager' again I had to wait at the checkout until the manager came back to the till with my fruit and tell me that 'yes I was right.' .....it was really busy in Tesco today and I just wonder is this a plan by Tesco to rip people off or is it a genuine mistake...Really?

I've had a lie down since as the stress was too much!
    I do feel better now for having shared it with all of you:)

no matter what you say retailers are not in the habit of trying to con people, its not they have a weekly meeting on a tuesday to try and figure out what way they can con people out of their money.

OK some of their practises can be described as dodgy at best ie putting up a price weeks before a promotion so that the reduction is greater than reality but do we know the full story behind this....?

what you got was a genuine maistake and they happen in all shop brands(every brand has been mentioned here at some point) becasue at the end of the day its a human that tells a computer what to do ie. set up multibuys or reduce prices etc but humans make mistakes and the computer is only doing whats its told be it inputted right or wrong.

ALdi and lidl have no such issue as they dont do multibuys only price reduction on stock they,on average, dont normally stock so their normally every day stock(mostly) remains the same price hence very little mistakes. How do they get away with selling a product at a reduced price if they havent sold the same product previously for 90 days?

so im in a mini rant , and i work in retail,middle management, so i can and do spot mistakes in all the shops and I still check my receipt but i know what can cause them.

the moral of the story check your receipt, how many times have we been told that?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kube

no matter what you say retailers are not in the habit of trying to con people, its not they have a weekly meeting on a tuesday to try and figure out what way they can con people out of their money.

OK some of their practises can be described as dodgy at best ie putting up a price weeks before a promotion so that the reduction is greater than reality but do we know the full story behind this....?

what you got was a genuine maistake and they happen in all shop brands(every brand has been mentioned here at some point) becasue at the end of the day its a human that tells a computer what to do ie. set up multibuys or reduce prices etc but humans make mistakes and the computer is only doing whats its told be it inputted right or wrong.

ALdi and lidl have no such issue as they dont do multibuys only price reduction on stock they,on average, dont normally stock so their normally every day stock(mostly) remains the same price hence very little mistakes. How do they get away with selling a product at a reduced price if they havent sold the same product previously for 90 days?

so im in a mini rant , and i work in retail,middle management, so i can and do spot mistakes in all the shops and I still check my receipt but i know what can cause them.

the moral of the story check your receipt, how many times have we been told that?

Ok....But in fairness, I ALWAYS check my receipt, especially in Tesco, and the amount of times I have had to return to the customer survice because of an over charge is enormous. But, on this particular occasion, I made sure that I only picked the fruit and veg that were on offer..i.e. the ones in the poster and with the label on the crates...I just didn't want the hassle at the checkout if there was a problem...I've been there too many times!....and they were both WRONG. It was late in the afternoon when I was doing my shop. So if this was a problem all day...either not many people checked their receipts and complained about it or Tesco didn't bother sorting the problem, as they were not the losers in this event anyway!
    In saying that, I don't usually buy my fruit and veg in Tesco. As an earlier poster mentioned the quality is not the best. I go to good old Moore st. Can't beat it. Only I was in a hurry that day and went to Tesco...as you do! ....and BTW I didn't actually 'have a lie down' that was supposed to be light hearted! i'm not that delicate!

(Still love the couponing though!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I don't know if this is a consumer issue, or a rip off, so I will give Tescos the benefit of the doubt:

OH went into Tesco's Naas yesterday and got the 3 for €3 on the fruit. Got home, and checked the till slip, only to discover the 3 different fruits were charged individually ( which came to over €6 ).

We should have known as this happened before in that shop, though we picked it up before leaving the premises then, and it was sorted there on the spot.

Had to go back this morning to get my credit back, something done with no hassle at all.

But why twice now? Once an accident, twice................???

APOLOGIES....The heading should be 3 for €3. Thats what I get for writing an email at 3am:-))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

You need some real problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

it is Tesco Policy to refund all your money and give you the item for free.

If you have been overcharged on a posted discount item.

They will not tell you that. You have to tell them. They Know.

They dont mean to make these mistakes but their own inventory and range is so vast these things happen.

• Advertisement

gsxr1 wrote: »

They dont mean to make these mistakes but their own inventory and range is so vast these things happen.

Many thanks for that gsxr1. I actually got my CC charged back, as I felt this, being the 2nd time, was a bit much. But, why have I never had the same problem in Dunnes?

As for gerrowadat, whats Your problem? I only highlighted a mistake to warn others - is that a sin? Won't bother my arse again if something like this happens somewhere else. Would You rather I just left the profit with Tescos?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Behave folks, if you have a problem report a post. If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post.

I'll move this to Consumer Affairs as it's more suited to their.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This is the second time this offer has been on this forum but there hasnt been a technical problem with the offer.

Either, the shop packed the wrong items in from of the sign for the offer, or the shop is so untidy that all the wrong items customers leave where the offer should be are causing customers to pick up the wrong items.

Did the customer service desk tell you that you had the right items?

The no quibble thing is: you get double the difference between the offer price and the price you were charged. In this case, you get about €2.67 x 2 back adn you keep whatever you bought.

I've bought the offer loads of times in 2 different shops and it has worked. I usually buy apples, pears and grapes.

You can complain to Tesco here: www.tescocomments.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

gerrowadat wrote: »
    You need some real problems.

Its a very valid consumer issue. 26% of people shop in tesco, so the post has resonance for 26% of the poulation.

And Tesco frequently make mistakes with their offers, sometimes its not linking all the differenent barcodes or leaving one barcode out. - If you spot it on the spot, its sorted easily, if you don't see it til you get home, it more difficult.

The OP is making the readers look at the receipts before leaving the store to ensure you have receieved the discount advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged.

This topic has been raised repeatedly over the years in this forum, and the issue is not confined solely to Tesco.

Consumers need to make sure that they select products included in the promotion. This may mean closely examining the signs to make sure. In addition, consumers should check their bills after the checkout. Mistakes can, and do happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gsxr1 wrote: »

that is a falsehood
    their new policy is you get a refund of double the difference between what you paid, and what you should have paid

that is a falsehood
    their new policy is you get a refund of double the difference between what you paid, and what you should have paid

Thanks for the heads up Groutch. I actually didn't pursue the matter with the woman on customer services in their Naas store. I just wanted my CC credited, and get out. I may be unlucky - perhaps someone put a punnet of food down on the specified shelf when it shouldn't be there, who knows? - but we normally shop in Dunnes in Newbridge, only thing is when on the way home from Dublin, Naas can be handy sometimes, specially when there are temptating specials being broadcasted in various media channels. Just this is the 2nd time it has happened there for us, and will deffinatly be the last.

I just mentioned this rant to warn others...CHECK Your slips when you pay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Le_Dieux wrote: »

Can't state that enough times. Tesco & supervalue are the worst culprits for this, a long way ahead of the others IMO. I check everytime and there are errors about 1 in 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up Groutch. I actually didn't pursue the matter with the woman on customer services in their Naas store. I just wanted my CC credited, and get out. I may be unlucky - perhaps someone put a punnet of food down on the specified shelf when it shouldn't be there, who knows? - but we normally shop in Dunnes in Newbridge, only thing is when on the way home from Dublin, Naas can be handy sometimes, specially when there are temptating specials being broadcasted in various media channels. Just this is the 2nd time it has happened there for us, and will deffinatly be the last.

It is also a poor reflection on how their new "largest tesco store in the country" is operated if you encounter such problems on each visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

another one to add is their yellow sticker reductions.
    today I nearly got charged full price because the original barcode wasnt covered, if it had been part of a bigger shop I probably wouldnt have spotted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,566 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It takes 30 seconds to scan through the receipt after you leave the till. If there are no mistakes you have got the bargains you intended to buy. If you have been undercharged or overcharged then you have won.
    I honestly dont see the problem.

Advertisement