Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Tiler in Cork and how much should I pay?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Need some help here please. I need to get a small floor area tiled, 4.24m x 3.25m with ceramic tiles. Any idea how much this should cost and any recommendations? The tiles are 33cmX33cm.

Also will it take more than one day?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

This person http://harmonyceramicdesign.ie/home01.html did the tiling in our house. He charges very reasonable rates, did an excellent job and was very pleasant.

I have no association other than as a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

I can endorse that Harmony website. Padraig O'Connor did beautiful Victorian tiling for a friend of mine. However, the OP mightn't require elaborate work and maybe could just call in to a tile shop and get a list of tilers from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thanks Guys, just a simple tile job, nothing too elaborate needed this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Ger89 wrote: »
    I can endorse that Harmony website. Padraig O'Connor did beautiful Victorian tiling for a friend of mine. However, the OP mightn't require elaborate work and maybe could just call in to a tile shop and get a list of tilers from them.

He's also done pretty straightforward stuff in our house, not just the elaborate work. It was all good and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I can't comment on price, it's been about 7 years since I had mine done, but I know that when I bought the tiles (from 023 Tiles on the Kinsale road) they gave me a list of tilers - there was a dozen or so on the list, so I rang 3-4 of them for quotes and picked the second cheapest :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thanks Guys, should close this thread, we have got this sorted! Much appreciated.

Advertisement