Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complications with Landlord

Options
  • 30-08-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm living in a house in Dublin at the minute (house share) and the two other tenants have moved out. The landlord has since moved in (He just showed up one day and said he was moving in) which kind of annoyed me, but I sucked it up. I came home one day to find the house being painted, (my room included) and he said to me "Oh I meant to say to you that I had someone coming in to paint the house"
    Again, I said nothing.
    I was moving the furniture in my room again, and a couple of floorboards fell between the floor and the fireplace (Which is falling apart) I asked him about the floorboards and he told me he was going to get them sorted. THe next day I come home and the living room is full of power tools, and there's a guy sitting in the house drinking beer and watching tele. turns out he's the carpenter to nail down my floorboards. I was about to go to bed last night, and the landlord knocks, and asks me do I mind moving all my stuff into bags etc, as they're going to do my room today, so I do. I get home an hour ago, and the carpenter has taken up all my floor boards, and is currently (as we speak) putting down insulation under the floor. I had a chat with him, and he told me that tomorrow (yes that means I'm not sleeping in there tonight) he was going to pull out the fireplace and re pour the concrete in it?? Meanwhile, the carpenter/concrete pourer is sleeping in the third bedroom in the house, and I don't know where I'm going to be tonight, seeing as my bedroom has no ******* floor.
    Apologies, but I needed a rant.

Anyway, I'm only here for short term, but I can't live with this. What can I do about it. it's awkward for me because I can't really confront him when I'm living with him, I have nowhere else to go for the time being. I'm also pretty sure he's not registered with the PRTB, but I don't know if that means anything. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Advertisement