Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed and new job?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi,

pls mods move if i am wrong. thank you.

went on a house sale agreed, few weeks ago. got letter of offer from bank for 3 month (expire Nov) etc.
    now i got a new job offer, and i would like to take the job.
    the new job starts in 6 weeks.

should i tell the bank? or just hope the sale go through the next 6 weeks?

i am just worried i do a fraud here.

thank u for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tiered wrote: »
    now i got a new job offer,
    I think yes. If there is insurance or life assurance linked to te mortgage, you would likely need to declare it anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You probably should, but I'd be a bit dubious, personally.

Don't the banks take into account how long you've been in your job in deciding how safe a bet you are?
    Maybe a new job might set of a silent alarm bell. Or I could just be paranoid...

Are you getting a big mortgage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tiered

hi,

i wouldnt consider the mort to big, as its only 50E more a month incl Insurance etc, then we pay now rent.

worked for this company over 6 years, but got a better job offered, and i would like to go for it. The new job is as save then my current job is.

I guess it might only be an issue then where you were pushing the limits on what the bank would offer you or if you had difficulty getting approved in the first place.

You could always call the bank and let them know before you do it to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I would be hesitant to tell the bank. They are looking for any opportunity to withdraw mortgage approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tiered wrote: »
    now i got a new job offer, and i would like to take the job.
    the new job starts in 6 weeks.
    In the current climate, you don't have the new job until you start the new job IMO, so maybe let the bank know when you start the new job?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Try to stall taking the new job until the mortgage is paid out/sale closed.

hi,

thank you for all your answers. we never had issus getting the approval. we have enough money saved, and leaving enough on the side. i am walking from one job right in the new job, i dont take pay break, if that make a difference. also new perm contract is signed wit new job. where in my old job, i got every year a new contract the last 6 years.
    My Bank woman is quite sound i am dealing with, as we know her quite well,i might ask her, what...if...
    thank you!

also house price is way under our approval!

Glad you're all good to go. :)

Good luck in your new gaff/job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement