Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants with good veggie options

Options
  • 30-08-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am hoping to take my better half out for a nice meal in Dublin this week, only thing is she is a vegetarian, so was hoping for some recommendations of a few nuce places that might suit.

Not actual vegetarian restaurants but ones with an interesting vegetarian option not just pasta in a tomato sauce.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Yamamori - the one on the quays is nicer than the one on Georges Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A good Indian restaurant, like Jaipur, will have lots of vegetarian options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Given a choice, a good vegetarian friend of mine swears by Pearl Brasserie. He and I eat there from time to time, and he used it when hosting a retirement party some months back.

It's good for omnivores as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

yep pearl brasserie is great for veggies, and non-veggies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you hang on until next week www.menupages.ie are doing a great voucher for L'Ecrivain €75 for 2 three course meals (instead of €150), I've never been but they're supposed to have pretty good vegetarian options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I'm a vegetarian, and I like The Cedar Tree around Andrews Street / South William Street. Good for both vegetarians and meaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 james405

i dabble in vegetarian a bit when im out with the mrs, still prefer something truly filling but cornucopia on wicklow street aint bad! Menupages is a better fall back for questions like this do!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

The Port House and Pinxtos both have good veggie tapas options. I second the Cedar Tree.

Others are Dada, Ciao Bella Roma, Salamanca, Fire, Odessa and there are a few veg only places including Juice and Cornucopia.

Oh and I also was in Pearl Brasserie as a vegan and had a lovely meal. Great food, service and atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If you're treating your partner to a meal out why not take her to a vegetarian restaurant? I'm sure it would be very much appreciated;)

Or are you ethically opposed to eating anything that's not meat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

yep pearl brasserie is great for veggies, and non-veggies too.

Great spot.
    If you're treating your partner to a meal out why not take her to a vegetarian restaurant? I'm sure it would be very much appreciated;)

Or are you ethically opposed to eating anything that's not meat?

Is there an exclusively vegetarian restaurant in Dublin that is actually good? I cannot think of one.
    Lots of well-meaning, but utterly bland stuff slopped up in big portions in Cornucopia or Govindas. Nothing that compares to Cafe Paradiso in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Ended up going to Pichet and both of us really enjoyed our meal.

Pearl Brasserie is now next on the list so thanks to all who suggested that.

Regarding the posts about why not go to a vegetarian restaurant - because most if not all in Dublin are more like casual eateries than a nice fine dining experience.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Have you looked at the vegetarian menu in Brasserie 66 on Georges St?? They have a lovely mix of options for veggies/pescies/meaties alike..

Advertisement