Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Qwerty Phones

Options
  • 30-08-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Im looking a buying a second-hand qwerty keypad nokia phone. I've narrowed it down to the following and I would like your feedback on them;

Nokia E5/E63
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E72

I am sort of veering towards the E71 as the reviews are positive and it seems to be the business, if you'll pardon the pun but I am open to suggestions.

Cheers!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

E72 is much better. Or if you have money the E6.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Go with the E72

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

DonFred wrote: »
    E72 is much better. Or if you have money the E6.
    Davy wrote: »
    Go with the E72

Why should go one go for the E72 over the E71?

Is there any difference other than whats under the hood?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is no one thing that makes a major difference, but I really liked the E72, grew on me the longer i had it. The battery is better, its quicker, the camera is better, a normal 3.5mm headphone socket is a major plus. Other than that they do the same things.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

The only one I can advise on out of all those is the e63. It's a great phone in fairness & very reliable. The camera is only 2MP but it takes great photos. The flash on it is poor enough though so it's not the best for taking photos at night...unless in a well-lit room. You'll get about 2 days usage out of it on moderate usage.
    I had mine about 8 months before I lost in oxegen last yr! :(
    I replaced it with a different phone, which made me realise just how much I actually liked the e63, so I ended up abandoning that phone after a few months for a brand new e63 (which I happen to be selling if interested ;) )
    Obviously, the e71 is the update to the e63 & the e72 is the update to the e71, so maybe the e72 is the one to go for really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

E72 has 3.5 jack for earphones. USB charging, the camera is vastly better, and I think it has a later version of the OS.

Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI
    Symbian OS 9.2, Series 60 v3.1 UI

Oddly enough on the OVI store somethings things are very picky about the version. The E63 has much less features than the other phones. The E5 is lesser spec than the E71 and E72. The replacement for the E72 is the E6. The E63 and E71 SQ isn't great either. In terms of spec its like this.

E6
    E72
    E71
    E5
    E63

However they weren't released in that order for example the E71 is the oldest one.
    You can find reviews of each one here...
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia-phones-1.php

Advertisement