Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clamped by NCPS while on mercy mission

Options
  • 30-08-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I was clamped on Saturday night by NCPS while on a genuine emergency mercy mission, at which the Gardai were in attendance. I hadn’t been able to get in touch with my mother for two days and became worried about her due to her medical condition. My brother lives across the road from her and rang to say that there was evidence that she was inside her ground-floor apartment but could not respond. I immediately drove to her residence and as there was no parking out front (double yellow lines) I drove to the rear of her apartment and parked 30-40 yards from her window in the residents only carpark, where no individual parking spots are marked. Having seen the evidence for myself I, shaking, rang the Gardai and asked them to come as we wished to break into the apartment. I went across the road to take care of my brothers kids while he, with Garda assistance, gained access through the rear window. When I rang about half and hour later, I found out my mother had indeed been inside and unable to respond, and further more was told by my brother that my car had been clamped. I ran over to the clampers to ask why and they said I had no parking permit. I explained the emergency situation, they said they didn’t know that it was my car. Absolute rubbish! My brother (who was still there repairing the window, the Gardai having left) told them from the start. Then they said that if he hadn’t had such an attitude, they may not have clamped me…… seriously. So, 120 euro to get my car back.
    It gets worse. NCPS left, then I left to borrow a car to use to retrieve the belongings from my car. When I returned, NCPS and Gardai were there. NCPS said someone had tried to break clamp off my car so fined me an extra 65 euro. They accused my brother and gardai threatened to arrest him. So, in the presence of the Gardai and NCPS I rang NCPS controller and explained situation and debated reason behind my parking there. Gardai were willing to confirm to controller the nature of the emergency situation. Controller was rude and unhelpful. Refused to negotiate and when I asked him politely to stop calling me ‘Mam’ he said he I will call you Mam. Ignorant sod.
    Anyways, any suggestions as to what I should do, without getting in trouble with the law? This is important, I really don’t want any criminal record. I do need to do some maintenance to my car (UK reg and MOT due soon…). Front wheels need looking at. If I remove clamped wheel clamp remains on car as it is attached to something in axle area. Am unemployed following redundancy and not claiming state benefits so am officially skint! Was looking into selling car due to finances so may have to abandon the car to NCPS now. My first car and am devastated…. Plus seriously out of pocket. If I don't get car back to UK in next few days will face legal difficulties with UK authorities.
    If I had the finances I would take this all the way to the courts, as high as I needed to go. These guys are ruthless.
    Any (legal) suggestions greatfully accepted

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement