Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 Prices - All price related discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

James__10 wrote: »
    I traded in Fifa 11 yesterday in xtravision and got €8 for it. I was told that Fifa 12 will cost around €50

€49.99 most likely, possibly €44.99. That's what new games usually are in there.
    darokane wrote: »
    €8? xtra-vision used to be great for their trade in prices

Wouldn't say you'd get better elsewhere tbh, always happens when new games are on their way in to replace older ones, if you had of traded FIFA 11 in a few months back you'd have got probably treble the price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

€49.99 most likely, possibly €44.99. That's what new games usually are in there.

Wouldn't say you'd get better elsewhere tbh, always happens when new games are on their way in to replace older ones, if you had of traded FIFA 11 in a few months back you'd have got probably treble the price now.

should have traded it in against fifa 12, would have got at least double that

should have traded it in against fifa 12, would have got at least double that

Not that much, probably €12, usually get 50% more for trade up than cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

€8? xtra-vision used to be great for their trade in prices

I traded in fnr4, fifa 11, alan wake and assassins creed brotherhood in xtravision and got 35 euro. I had played all those game to death and tbh was quite happy with that. Now it will be only about 15 or 20 euro on release:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

That 8quid price is store credit btw which I used to pre-order Fifa 12 I'll pay off the remaining price next Friday. On the receipt it says Fifa 12 ultimate edition? What is the Ultimate edition?

A friend of mine has pre-ordered the ultimate edition in HMV and is getting it for 40quid! Is there anyway I can get my money back of xtra vision and pre-order it in HMV?

• Advertisement

That 8quid price is store credit btw which I used to pre-order Fifa 12 I'll pay off the remaining price next Friday. On the receipt it says Fifa 12 ultimate edition? What is the Ultimate edition?

A friend of mine has pre-ordered the ultimate edition in HMV and is getting it for 40quid! Is there anyway I can get my money back of xtra vision and pre-order it in HMV?

ultimate edition is where you get 24 free "fifa ultimate teams" over a 6 month period

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Probaly mentioned earlier to lazy to scroll but weats the best site to get it off that will be here by release day??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Probaly mentioned earlier to lazy to scroll but weats the best site to get it off that will be here by release day??

Gamesnash.ie or Gamestop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I can vouch for Gamesnash. I've ordered quite a few new games from them and always had them on release day. Gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Have Xtravision confirmed the price of Fifa 12 yet?

• Advertisement

Have Xtravision confirmed the price of Fifa 12 yet?

*Xtravision employee hat on* We don't get prices till usually the day before or whenever they decide to put the prices on our computers. It's either going to be €44.99 or €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

whats the story with tesco....anyone know their price yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Any specially off for us PC gamers?

Weren't Xtra Vision E55 last year?

They go over E50 for a good few new releases....not the only ones though I saw Deus Ex for either E55 or (more likely) E60 (:eek:) in GAME last week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

From what I gather, EA have raised the RRP by a fiver this year. :rolleyes:

Don't think its the retailers, just distributer greed.

Yakult wrote: »
    Any specially off for us PC gamers?

think its around €25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I pre-ordered Deus ex off Gamestop.ie and got it on Tuesday before its Friday release. Went with them again for Fifa. Picked express delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

joe123 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered Deus ex off Gamestop.ie and got it on Tuesday before its Friday release. Went with them again for Fifa. Picked express delivery.

gonna order off them as well I think,will monday be too late to pre order?

Weren't Xtra Vision E55 last year?

They go over E50 for a good few new releases....not the only ones though I saw Deus Ex for either E55 or (more likely) E60 (:eek:) in GAME last week

Nearly sure that was only for the Special Edition off the top of my head, very rare XV have new releases over €49.99 these days, Gears of War 3 for example is the most recent one I can remember only being €49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

ohhh great thought i had enough in paypal to buy through gamestop.ie its 48.97 i,ve 48.68 disaster!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Any word on how much it will be in Tesco?? I know in previous years its been E35 even if it was E40 this year still be cheaper than most places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone know the price in HMV or gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

gamestop are selling for €50

Anyone that ordered from gamestop.ie have their order dispatched yet?

Heard a few people say they got games supposed to be released on a Friday get the games on the Tuesday before with gamestop.

Anyone that ordered from gamestop.ie have their order dispatched yet?

Heard a few people say they got games supposed to be released on a Friday get the games on the Tuesday before with gamestop.

Nope mines still processing :(

I was one of those people who got Dues Ex on the Tuesday so maybe it was just a once off :confused:

joe123 wrote: »
    Nope mines still processing :(

I was one of those people who got Dues Ex on the Tuesday so maybe it was just a once off :confused:

I heard people got Driver early as well.

It could be still dispatched yet. Id give it till around 6 this evening. Sometimes the dispatch emails aren't sent till the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Did you guys chose express delivery or standard delivery? If you chose express delivery then you will definitely get the game before Friday (not too sure if it will be as early as tuesday though).

Everytime i preorder a game from gamestop.ie i opt for express delivery and everytime the game came 1 or 2 days early .

However, i didnt chose express delivery this time with fifa 12.:(
    Anybody has any experience with the standard delivery times of Gamestop.ie?

jmx009 wrote: »
    Did you guys chose express delivery or standard delivery? If you chose express delivery then you will definitely get the game before Friday (not too sure if it will be as early as tuesday though).

Everytime i preorder a game from gamestop.ie i opt for express delivery and everytime the game came 1 or 2 days early .

However, i didnt chose express delivery this time with fifa 12.:(
    Anybody has any experience with the standard delivery times of Gamestop.ie?

Yep express delivery. This is only my second time ordering from them but after getting deus ex so early I had to try them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was in HMV in the Square today, and the guy said their Price will be the lowest.They aim to beat every one else.He said something about Gears of wars only been €41 euro in there on release day where as other places had it on sale at over €54.99.He said he wont know their Price until the night before it goes on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I was told by an HMV employee today that the normal edition will be €44.99 and special edition will be €51.99.

Advertisement