Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 Prices - All price related discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭thegift06

can people post how much they get it for in tesco at midnight please, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Supposedly the normal and special editions are both €55 in XV, so price could be down by tomorrow for the normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Seen it behind the counter in XV Kildare, ps3 was priced 54.99.
    I asked cheekily had anyone broken the release yet and would they sell it but he told me
    No. The backstard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I'm heading into town to gamestop or game for the midnight release but i never pre booked it, Does anybody know is the midnight release only for people who pre booked or can anybody turn up and get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tried to buy Fifa in Tesco's a few mins ago
    they wouldnt sell it till 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

MD1990 wrote: »
    Tried to buy Fifa in Tesco's a few mins ago
    they wouldnt sell it till 12
    Any word on price??

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Help2

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Any word on price??

I rang a tesco to see if they would have it @ midnight.. they said they would but that they werent allowed to tell me the price untill its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Gamestop only had the Ultimate Edition to pre-order and thats what I wanted and paid for yet they still managed to send me out a standard version, which I opened without realising, absolutely bulling, I really wanted o get into Ultimate Team this year and those free packs would make all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Help2 wrote: »
    I rang a tesco to see if they would have it @ midnight.. they said they would but that they werent allowed to tell me the price untill its released.
    They will stay open til midnight just to sell FIFA?? how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Amouar wrote: »
    They will stay open til midnight just to sell FIFA?? how does it work?
    Some tescos are open 24/7. Like dundrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

FYG wrote: »
    Bit of help needed lads.

If I buy a second-hand game from Xtra Vision and try to trade it into Gamestop, will they be able to tell that it is a third-hand game?

I have done this many times without any bother. I would imagine you would have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

DO you think it will be ridiculously overpriced in Tesco. As me and a mate are gonna go to Clearwater Finglas at 12 to get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

buyer95 wrote: »
    I have done this many times without any bother. I would imagine you would have no problem.

Thank you. :)

Going to print out the list there and bring it to Xtra Vision with me tomorrow and find the cheapest game available! :P

One thing, I doubt you can trade in a DS game towards the PS3 game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jayjaydunne88

@FYG
    Are all 24 hour Tescos in Dublin releasing the game from midnight??? Or do you just know your local tesco's is!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

@FYG
    Are all 24 hour Tescos in Dublin releasing the game from midnight??? Or do you just know your local tesco's is!

All 24 hr Tescos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jayjaydunne88

Lovely!!!! thanks for the reply, better get the controllers charged up and the cans in the fridge, its gonna be a long night/morning!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

For anyone going to Tesco at midnight just be aware that most stores had the game at full price at midnight last year. It wasn't until next morning that they reduced it and those that bought at full price got the difference back.

@FYG

All 24 hour Tescos, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Jammy mate of mine has been playing it the last three hours...and it's legit cause it says FIFA 12 under his name... :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Tesco in Drogheda which is a 24hr, say they aren't getting their stock in until tomorrow's delivery at 6am, although I presume they are just saying that so there isn't a queue waiting on it to hit the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lawless9

FYG wrote: »
    Thank you. :)

Going to print out the list there and bring it to Xtra Vision with me tomorrow and find the cheapest game available! :P

One thing, I doubt you can trade in a DS game towards the PS3 game?

Yes with Gamestops 3€ Trade in deal you can mix and match trades for one title

For example : You can trade , Modern Warfare 2 ( Xbox 360 )

Metal Gear Solid ( PSs )

New Super Mario Bros ( DS )

To get say Fifa 12 on ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

markc1184 wrote: »
    Tesco in Drogheda which is a 24hr, say they aren't getting their stock in until tomorrow's delivery at 6am, although I presume they are just saying that so there isn't a queue waiting on it to hit the shelves.

Or a bunch of people standing next to the freezers trying to stay a wake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lawless9

And nobody has a price yet on Fifa because they are all waiting to price match

The reccomended retial price is 54.99, which is what Gamestop will sell it for, unless it is close to say HMV / GAME and they decide to sell it for 44.99 / 49.99 then a price match willl be done.

Its is an amazing game, Career mode completely changed and a lot more realistic gameplay, best one in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Just rang Tesco in Galway there, they won't have it till 6AM:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Lawless9 wrote: »

On that subject, I was amazed that GAME no longer price match when I enquired last week. Might hit them hard considering HMV have been cheaper with new releases recently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

any tesco price lol ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Lawless9 wrote: »

The reccomended retial price is 54.99, which is what Gamestop will sell it for, unless it is close to say HMV / GAME and they decide to sell it for 44.99 / 49.99 then a price match willl be done.

Its is an amazing game, Career mode completely changed and a lot more realistic gameplay, best one in years

Game are selling it for €55 Ultimate Edition
    €50 Standard Edition

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    any tesco price lol ??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just make sure that you take the price tages off so they think it's second hand as I had this problem in HMV before. Check the barcode at the back aswell because the store that sold it to you second hand usually puts their own barcode over the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Game are selling it for €55 Ultimate Edition
    €50 Standard Edition

whats in the ultimate edition?

Advertisement