Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a cheap laptop

Options
  • 30-08-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I know this isn't an upgrade question, but you guys here know good from bad. A friend of mine is going into her second year in college. She is on the look out for a new laptop. She doesn't need a powerful one at all; just some word processing and surfing. She didn't really say how much she wanted to spend, but I told her she'd get one for about €400 or so. Even less would be better. Can anyone recommend a laptop that's good value for money? Particular if it can be bought in a bricks and mortor store in Munster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

this is a lot of laptop for very little money

comes cheaper in pink if she can stomach that, and its from an Irish retail.

otherwise anything with a sandy bridge i3 and 4gb ram is good.

EDIT : 15" screens are about as big as you want to get if she's moving it around alot. smaller would probably be better though for simple applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Thanks Teabag. Looks a lot better than I'd have thought for a sub €400 machine. It seems there's only one left. You reckon that's probably as good a deal as she can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Thanks Teabag. Looks a lot better than I'd have thought for a sub €400 machine. It seems there's only one left. You reckon that's probably as good a deal as she can get?
    without looking around much tbh but I'd say so. its almost an entry level gaming laptop with its dedicated gpu. not sure about the stock level though, sounds suspicious. phone them up to confirm or get it for a bit more from saveonlaptops.co.uk which is a respectable website.

direct link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Sweet job. I'll fool around and have a look. Like I said, she doesn't need anything kick-ass, but there's no point buying a sluggish job when for the same money, a god job can be had. Thanks. Just needed a few pointers for her

Advertisement