Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clamped while on mercy mission

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

zenno wrote: »
    this one is an overview of the tools you can make or buy. I will be working on different locks in a few days.

Isn't it illegal in itself to possess tools for picking locks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Wexfordian wrote: »

no it's not. not when they are in the boot of my car, they are electronic work tools but still work for lock picking. the tools i use are used for removing sheaths on electronic covers and other hard to get to places. they still work great.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Wexfordian wrote: »
    It's probably down to context, like carrying a knife. I've a lock picking set myself, but I haven't yet found the time to get good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

zenno wrote: »
    at the moment i am doing a home course on lock picking and I have to say it is quite easy to pick these locks instead of going through the trouble of taking the wheel off. i'd suggest lock picking as the better option as it only takes around 15 seconds to 1 minute to pick it and there is obviously no damage to the clamp or lock.

this one is an overview of the tools you can make or buy. I will be working on different locks in a few days.

Let us know how you get on. I would love to be able to do it.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on. I would love to be able to do it.

will do. ps. this should never be done with the council clamps just remember that, but with any other company go ahead and pick the lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

I'm fierce tempted by this lock picking method, hell of a lot cheaper than a cordless grinder or paying the ba*tard clampers. Must check out the price on a basic set....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm fierce tempted by this lock picking method, hell of a lot cheaper than a cordless grinder or paying the ba*tard clampers. Must check out the price on a basic set....
    What makes you think you're going to get clamped?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

Anan1 wrote: »
    What makes you think you're going to get clamped?;)

I was a boy scout........ ;). Besides, I've had a bit of an interest in this kind of thing with a while now.

the reason I am into the lock-picking method is because it is always a handy thing to learn and know. I might never get clamped, but if I did and I was stuck like the original poster here was then it would be all worth while.

it's also great if you get locked out of your house as well.

Advertisement