Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of bug is this?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all, I hope you can help me out here. I posted this on the Zoology forum but I don't know if they'll know. If double posting is not permitted, feel free to delete or move it,

I hope you can help me identify this little fecker. Wife jumped in panic when she saw it in the bathroom. I live in a ground floor apartment. Is this bug a nester or do you think it got lost from the garden outside and ended up wandering in my bathroom?

Thank you, any help is appreciated!

Image of the late bug here (click to enlarge): creepybug.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

looks like a devils coach horse

It's a predator of insects

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Assuming that is the posters fingertip in the shot, I would not go with devils coach horse :confused:.... they are bigger than this, or at least the ones I encountered were. I am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Could be a young one, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I just did a bit of reading on the wee beasts. They can vary in size from 20mm to 35mm, so I will go with it being a devils coach horse :). I must just be unlucky to see the big buggers ;).

Advertisement