Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Store MotorHome

• 30-08-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anybody know where a motorhome can be stored for the off-season, preferably indoors. I live in Dublin but would park it outside Dublin inside a radius of say 50 miles.

I would also consider parking it in Cherbourg/ Roscoff to save the ferry costs. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

PM Sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Demorino, pls pm me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ReallyWiggy

Indoor storage near Enfield, very secure and well priced. I've had my caravan there for a couple of years. For more information check out here http://www.ballinakillyardselfstorage.com/

Bar being an exisitng customer I have no affiliations to the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

as above i have no connection with the owner but have stored my camper there. Very handy for Dublin as just off the motorway north of Gorey..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

Whats the going rate for weekly indoor storage? A ballpark figure would do!

Cheers

• Advertisement

mcquill wrote: »
    Whats the going rate for weekly indoor storage? A ballpark figure would do!

Cheers

about €15 but may work out less depending if you pay up front, the number of months ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    about €15 but may work out less depending if you pay up front, the number of months ect...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pure Top

Thanks to all for info, I'll follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭narmst

I'm living in Kildare and looking for a place to store my caravan for the winter months. Ideally I'd like it to be somewhere in the West so when I want to start using it next Spring I won't have to do another trip to bring it down.

Spent time in Doolin/Fanore over the Summer so someplace close to there would be ideal but really the closer to where I'll eventually be using it is the idea. I'm happy to consider anywhere really once come the spring there isn't a long trip to a campsite beside the sea.

As an added bonus does anyone know any sites in that area who would do a rate for September? Idea is I could use the caravan until the end of the month then put it in storage close by.

Thanks

Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Seaswimmer wrote: »

is that with insurance?

• Advertisement

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    is that with insurance?

It requires you to have your own motorhome insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

We store ours near Fairyhouse- secure (outdoor) storage €200 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

is there insurance issues with storing a caravan abroad.

Advertisement