Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP recommendations please.

Options
  • 30-08-2011 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

hi everyone! Hope you are all well. We are settling in nicely and loving living here. Next on our list is to find a doctor (we chose UPC BTW ;) ). Could anybody recommend any please. We are used to just going to the village doctor and here I notice we have a choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I recommend Frank Hayes on Wine Street. 45 euro a visit and very easy to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Hi Mandie, is this for yourself and the hubby or for the kids or for the whole family?

My GP, although I can't remember the last time I went is Frank Hayes, I've never had a problem with him but I've heard other people talk bad about him.

I don't know whether or not to tell you who to avoid but there are certainly a few I could add to the list. I won't mention any names yet as it could damage their business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Hi just moved to Sligo too and choose Dr Tansey on wine st. Find her very good for womens issues. Also I am pregnant so she is doing my antenatal care and I'm very happy with her so far.
    Remember if you start with someone and you don't like them just change so many doctors to choose from :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thank you all! bob it is for all of us, FB me with the gossip ;)
    Hobbitfeet, that is good to know about Dr Tansey, might look her up :) On another note, there is a La Leche League group in Sligo for pregnant ladies who might need questions answered. Also when bubs comes along there are loads of baby/toddler groups. PM me if you would like the details. :)

Advertisement