Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rehab lotteries etc ....... a charity encouraging gambling - is it right?

• 30-08-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

A charity trying to help some people while encouraging on line gambling doesnt seem ethical.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

uberelles wrote:
    Rehab lotteries
    theres a joke in there somewhere..and Im not going to make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

MOAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

dont start dragging ethics into the charidee bidness, no telling where that could drag us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

REHAB LOTTERIES - Vision, Mission and Values

Vision:"To be Ireland's premier charitable gaming company."
    Mission:"To generate the maximum funding for charity by supplying quality and competitive products supported by excellent service."
    Values:The following core values guide the company and its employees in everything that they do:
    • PUBLIC RESPONSIBILITY - deliver gaming entertainment to maximize economic benefits in a socially responsible manner
    • INTEGRITY - conduct our business in an ethical, fair and honest manner
    • RESPECT - treat each other, our customers and our stakeholders with respect and dignity, recognising the contributions of each person
    • POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT - foster a dynamic, friendly and flexible work environment, enabling all employees to develop and make a full contribution
    • CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE - focus on our customers, providing value, fun, entertainment and maximum levels of customer care
    • INITIATIVE - innovate and champion disciplined, continuous improvement

dotted01.gif

Rehab profits increasing so they are doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

why are ye deleting my short stories :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

callaway92 wrote: »
    why are ye deleting my short stories :'(

Wrecking threads.
    Mini ban

Write a story about it

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

cassid wrote: »
    REHAB LOTTERIES - Vision, Mission and Values

Vision:"To be Ireland's premier charitable gaming company."
    Mission:"To generate the maximum funding for charity by supplying quality and competitive products supported by excellent service."

Values:The following core values guide the company and its employees in everything that they do:
    • PUBLIC RESPONSIBILITY - deliver gaming entertainment to maximize economic benefits in a socially responsible manner
    • INTEGRITY - conduct our business in an ethical, fair and honest manner
    • RESPECT - treat each other, our customers and our stakeholders with respect and dignity, recognising the contributions of each person
    • POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT - foster a dynamic, friendly and flexible work environment, enabling all employees to develop and make a full contribution
    • CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE - focus on our customers, providing value, fun, entertainment and maximum levels of customer care
    • INITIATIVE - innovate and champion disciplined, continuous improvement

dotted01.gif

Rehab profits increasing so they are doing very well.

Promoting online gambling (destroys families ) and getting people into the habit of scratching tickets for instant gratification which can lead to a gambling habit isnt something a charity should be doing IMHO.

Nah, thats the lotteries gig. They're much nicer. Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

uberalles wrote: »
    Promoting online gambling (destroys families ) and getting people into the habit of scratching tickets for instant gratification which can lead to a gambling habit isnt something a charity should be doing IMHO.
    Rehab are a joke. The CEO who is a Fianna Fail hack was getting a package close to 400k for a charity. No wonder they need to exploit women with online bingo as their staff are pay along lines of public/semi sector. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0416/1224294801647.html

Rehab are a joke. The CEO who is a Fianna Fail hack was getting a package close to 400k for a charity. No wonder they need to exploit women with online bingo as their staff are pay along lines of public/semi sector. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0416/1224294801647.html
    you ba5tard. You have shattered all of my illusions. I for one, and all my descendants will never forgive you.

• Advertisement

400K - What a wage! Unreal.

I know a fellow working in another charity and he was saying they are mainly concerned about is their own wages / pensions. They hired someone in a senior fund raising position and she is on performance related bonuses to raise their revenue by x%. Unreal.

Charities’ are competitive businesses.

The only charity I have respect for is St Vincent De Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Paddy Power should start getting into the charity game. Teach them Rehab feckers a lesson!

Rehab is a 'not for profit organisation - no wonder they dont make any profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RayStClair

Rehab.ie seem a bit suspicious to me. I used to be an affiliate for the E-lottery run by Tom Brodie, an affiliate based lottery program that ran under the laws eye for a few years until it was closed down in 2011.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2011/03/fraud-lotto-firm-information-t.html

I know the software and code that was developed for their application and it is very clear that rehab uses the same codebase to run their games.

It is abhorrent that a charity promotes a non-licensed gambling system to fund the managements lifestyles, and worse yet, one that is based on fraudulent activity in the U.K only last year!

It needs thorough investigation.

If you are good in photoshop, you will notice that some of their videos are also edited (you will need to have good eyes and look frame-by-frame), but pro's will easily detect that many of the vids are fake too.

Many charities operate on a similar basis - a front end for another "business". *ahem* ;)

Ray.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A charity trying to help some people while encouraging on line gambling doesnt seem ethical.

What do you think?

Well churchs in Ireland condone gambling but still hold a mild form of it in Bingo nights - so Rehab wouldn't be the first to use the concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RayStClair wrote: »
    Rehab.ie seem a bit suspicious to me. I used to be an affiliate for the E-lottery run by Tom Brodie, an affiliate based lottery program that ran under the laws eye for a few years until it was closed down in 2011.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2011/03/fraud-lotto-firm-information-t.html

I know the software and code that was developed for their application and it is very clear that rehab uses the same codebase to run their games.

It is abhorrent that a charity promotes a non-licensed gambling system to fund the managements lifestyles, and worse yet, one that is based on fraudulent activity in the U.K only last year!

It needs thorough investigation.

If you are good in photoshop, you will notice that some of their videos are also edited (you will need to have good eyes and look frame-by-frame), but pro's will easily detect that many of the vids are fake too.

Many charities operate on a similar basis - a front end for another "business". *ahem* ;)

Ray.

What videos?:confused:

Whilst I can't stand sight of the woman running Rehab, all that you've come up with are unsubstantiated accusations. Just because Rehab possibly uses the same software (and we've only got your word for that), doesn't prove in any way that there's any fraud involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

What do you think?

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Advertisement