Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Meet Up?

• 31-08-2011 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I know tis early an' alllll but still...planning ahead couldnt hurt :p and I'm uber bored. And I also kinda said somewhere else I'd plan it.

Anyone wanna throw suggestions and ideas out? First week of college maybe? Give ideas out anyway. If I remember we'd none last year and I'd love to do one this year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I know tis early an' alllll but still...planning ahead couldnt hurt :p and I'm uber bored. And I also kinda said somewhere else I'd plan it.

Anyone wanna throw suggestions and ideas out? First week of college maybe? Give ideas out anyway. If I remember we'd none last year and I'd love to do one this year!

First week of college would be good as god knows how busy some of us are going to be during the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Any day in the first week but Wednesday would be fine with me, gotta give a presentation then.

And I'm pretty sure there was a meet up in the first week last year where a good few showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

When you say the first week do you mean the week of the 19th when the majority of students start lectures?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

whelpy wrote: »
    When you say the first week do you mean the week of the 19th when the majority of students start lectures?

I presume so - normally what would happen is that we'd try and find a time that kinda suited the majority of people and choose it. We'd meet up outside the notice board in the student centre, and take it from there

I'm not in college until 2 everyday, so I don't see myself making any of these unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Tuesdays and Wednesdays would be best for me. Other days are a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

first years too :P any day after 19th during the week probably :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Bowling, anybody?? no?? ok, Ill go by myself...

uhm, I should be able to make it anyday really... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Was thinkin maybe few drinks in New Bar after lectures or somethin? Prob best time for a lot of us.

Was thinkin maybe few drinks in New Bar after lectures or somethin? Prob best time for a lot of us.

prob:P is that the student bar on campus or where is it:P

Tbh it'd be easier during the day and the majority have been coffee meet ups which were successful. It's less pressure too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Tbh it'd be easier during the day and the majority have been coffee mixed drinks meet ups which were successful. It's less pressure too.

FYP ;)

It seemed that no one really drank coffee in the group, so we ended up calling them mixed drinks meetups! :D

Tbh it'd be easier during the day and the majority have been coffee mixed drinks meet ups which were successful. It's less pressure too.

FYP ;)

It seemed that no one really drank coffee in the group, so we ended up calling them mixed drinks meetups! :D

It doesn't matter what they were. I'm just being general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'd love to do one of these - never managed to make it to them last year, but am starting a new "meeting new people" kick this year, so count me in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I should hopefully be able to make it along, for a while atleast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Hopefully I can make it. :D

Needs moar poll!!! :P

'Tis grand. The people who state their interest could be there. A poll will have randomers clicking for sh!ts and giggles, like last year.

I'll sort out dates next week :) I'll also make cake :D Poll is effort and its easier to just sort it out here. When timetables are sorted 100% then we can properly plan it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

We would need a mod to add a pole at this stage. The forum is really starting to fall apart now.:P

We would need a mod to add a pole at this stage. The forum is really starting to fall apart now.:P

*nods* Its so messy and unclean. Me no likey! :(

• Advertisement

time to nominate a mod :L

CAKE?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Im new at UCC and really wanna meet new people.... do you guys all know each other already or are newbies welcome??

Im new at UCC and really wanna meet new people.... do you guys all know each other already or are newbies welcome??

I know none of them( I think ) so I'll be new, there's a few other newbies too, but I'm sure a few will know each other. Everyone's welcome!

I know nobody so its a first time for me here :D Even though I'm a long time poster! Anyone is welcome along!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I know none of them( I think ) so I'll be new, there's a few other newbies too, but I'm sure a few will know each other. Everyone's welcome!

Im just kinda hoping I know none of the Kerry posters on here..... :P

I know a few of the posters from meet ups of these kinds. Initially I knew none but have become good friends with some. You might be nervous at first but it's a great way to meet people, they're all a great bunch of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

LIES

teddy b123 wrote: »
    LIES

You haven't displayed your interest in this though so I assumed you weren't going! :pac:

I was only referring to people who have said they're going :)

Who are you anyway? :eek:

• Advertisement

CAKE?! :D

Yea...I said I'd make cake :P I'm just that freakishly awesome! I can also make cupcakes!

Advertisement