Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Meet Up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

There's a likelihood that people will be going at different times. Different groups.

If people register their interest then one user will have to take it upon themselves to sort out a meet.

At the moment, it's looking like three groups: before 2, after 5, and those in the middle. For once we've a huge level of interest, but no ideal times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Well if there's two happening id say ill turn up to both just to get to know the folks around here. It'll probably force me to start my whole staying in the library for the day thing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Think we're gonna need a poll of some variety. :D

At the moment, it's looking like three groups: before 2, after 5, and those in the middle. For once we've a huge level of interest, but no ideal times.

We definitely need a poll! We could see who can turn up when according to what ReacherCreature said, and organise ourselves from there if there are gonna be seperate groups:P

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

poll is needed :Lanytime after 5 mondayto thursday is good for me due to induction course by Derek bridge and not knowing what group i am in yet :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Barrt2 wrote: »
    poll is needed :Lanytime after 5 mondayto thursday is good for me due to induction course by Derek bridge and not knowing what group i am in yet :/

Yea, me too unfortunatly :( Should know monday morning though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Righty, so what options do we need on the poll and i'll put it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Righty, so what options do we need on the poll and i'll put it up!

From reading this thread, it seems Tuesday is a definite, and the times are before 2, 5pm, and somewhere in the middle:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Have anyone become good friends from the meetup??

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

I only have one class on a tuesday from four till five, so anytime suits me really :)

closeline wrote: »
    Have anyone become good friends from the meetup??

Absolutely. I've made several friends from it. Hugely impacting. Give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Damn! :eek: I just realised I can't go to this on Tuesday!

There better be another one some time in the not-toooo-distant future :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

Can we bring our mams?

That180Guy wrote: »
    Can we bring our mams?

Is she hot? ;)

I presume ye dont tell each other what yer boards names are??

Is she hot? ;)

We can compare on the day like :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

yeah, but you'll hardly remember who is who after the first meet tbh!

You do kinda. I've been to a load over the last three years and last year was the first time someone started off the circle like an AA meeting :P Twas weird but i suppose it kinda broke the ice!

You do kinda. I've been to a load over the last three years and last year was the first time someone started off the circle like an AA meeting :P Twas weird but i suppose it kinda broke the ice!

Good analogy - yeah, felt like that alright! Was good though tbh!

Can we bring our mams?

Or is she a MILF

We'll see

not really though

So is this a drinking session, tea session, or what?

• Advertisement

We'll see

not really though

So is this a drinking session, tea session, or what?

Tea session but judging by how one of them two years ago turned into a full day drinking session by a couple of them ( im looking at you knifewrench :pac: ) i suppose its down to whatever people are doing. And if the meet it on at a later time i guess it wouldn't be too early a time to hit the new or old bar :p

We do. Give the username then your name. From then on you're called by your normal name.

On the AA thing, last years went something like: "Hi. I'm ReacherCreature and I'm an Arts student. I need help." *bursts into tears*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

We do. Give the username then your name. From then on you're called by your normal name.

On the AA thing, last years went something like: "Hi. I'm ReacherCreature and I'm an Arts student. I need help." *bursts into tears*.

I've always said that bars are the best places for AA meetings. :D Ohh and everyone should know that i'm not the scum of the earth, I just chose a random username many years ago and I must live with that until I subscribe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Sounds interesting, although meeting in a pub or something sounds best.

Orizio wrote: »
    Sounds interesting, although meeting in a pub or something sounds best.

Pub didn't work for us one time. Loads registered their interest but only a handful turned up. Coffee's better as it's less pressure and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Pub didn't work for us one time. Loads registered their interest but only a handful turned up. Coffee's better as it's less pressure and that.

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I've a lecture at 2 on Tuesday. Psychology. Afink. Anybody up for a morning coffee/breakfast kinda thang?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'd be up for the coffee thing. Don't know if i'll be around later than 2, I may or may not have a lecture then.

I'm finished by 11 but intend on being in the library for the day afterwards so ill be free for any time really.

• Advertisement

Lecture from 5 till 6, before and after that Im all yours.

Advertisement