If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a TV

Options
  • 31-08-2011 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for an 40 inch LCD/LED, Saorview, Full HD, 100Hz to connect to a Computer and do some gaming also....so a response time of under 6ms aswell since that's what the human eye differentiates movement at apparently.

Does a budget of €600-650ish have any chance of getting close to that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hal

I have a new 42" TV due to arrive into us early September.

Its called the Philips 42PFL4606H and looks like this -
    42pfl4606h_12__fv_.jpg
    This is an LCD TV
    It is SAORVIEW Certified
    1920x1080 Full HD resolution
    400Hz Perfect Motion Rate
    100000:1 Contrast ratio
    2ms panel response time
    Pixel Plus HD image processing engine
    3x HDMI, 1x SCART, VGA, USB + more connections wise
    plus loads more....

Check out here for full spec's

This TV will sell for €699.99 but I'm sure we can do a deal if you reckon it will hit the make for you.

It is also available in a 37" screen size, called the 37PFL4606 if a 42" just wont fit, and this TV sells for €599.99

I have the 37" on display instore so you're welcom to call in and have a demo.

ATB
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hal.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Have a little look at the following LG's:

LG 42LE5900 priced at £569.95 / 670 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1111&Results=true&keys=lg

LG 42LK530 priced at £429.95 / 505 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1166&Results=true&keys=lg

LG 42LV550T priced at £599.95 / 705 Euro (Slighly over budget)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1177&Results=true&keys=lg

Let me know if any of the above would suit your needs.

Delivery on any of the above screens would be £30 / 36 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Thanks lads, will have a look over these and get back to ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hal

We have just taken delivery on the 42PFL4606H in The Philips Shop and its up and running on display if you'd like to pop on in and have a looksee.

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Hi lads,

I kind of decided on the LGLV550T, I'm having trouble finding a definite answer on it's response time, but I've a few questions,

1) It has come down in price since it was recommended above but it's still £70 (€80) more than on Amazon, even more if I don't have to use deliverme. I didn't go through to the check-out.

Have ye another price drop coming or is this the usual difference???

2) Can I order through the .ie site, reading back through a few threads there's alot of phone orders, this question (similar question) was asked a few times but never answered?

3) There's alot of LG recommendations on the Forum, way over the other brands, why is that?

I remember Declan (Currys Forum) mentioned one day that LG manage their Account well, Is your reason the same?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi lads,

I kind of decided on the LGLV550T, I'm having trouble finding a definite answer on it's response time, but I've a few questions,

1) It has come down in price since it was recommended above but it's still £70 (€80) more than on Amazon, even more if I don't have to use deliverme. I didn't go through to the check-out.

Have ye another price drop coming or is this the usual difference???

2) Can I order through the .ie site, reading back through a few threads there's alot of phone orders, this question (similar question) was asked a few times but never answered?

3) There's alot of LG recommendations on the Forum, way over the other brands, why is that?

I remember Declan (Currys Forum) mentioned one day that LG manage their Account well, Is your reason the same?

Hal,

1. apologies for the delay getting back to you.. £549.95 is the current price & unless Amazon deliver this model direct to the ROI we cannot price beat - I'll mail our purchasing Guys and see if there is any upcoming movement for you if you like no problem?

2. Yep - no problem - the 42LV550 is online on the .ie site - if you pop an order on it will be looked after - we normally do call Customers to arrange delivery, cables etc as we prefer (to try) to offer a more personal service than the larger web only retailers.

3. At the moment LG represents decent quality at great value - thats the reason its recommended - bang for buck at the moment LG just cannot be beaten....

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.