Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy to want gears of war limited edition console??

Options
  • 31-08-2011 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

is it mad to trade a 250gb xbox360 plus 175 CASH on the day for this console? albeit you get a copy of gears game 2 updated controllers!!

im so tempted pre ordered it but god its seeming like a lot of cash. also ordered epic gears and the limited tritton headset for 180 :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Ya mad,money-bags b'stard. LOL. Go for it. Spend in haste and repent at leisure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yes you mong. There's a reason you didn't ask this on the clan forum because of the ridicule you'd get

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Hey if you've got it flaunt it! It's a nice looking console and if my current 360 rolled over and died I'd be tempted too. By comparison the limited edition star wars one is just hideous.

Not so sure about the value of the epic edition of gears tho, limited seems fine to me - I get enough abuse off the other half without having a statue of Marcus floating around the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

JD1763 wrote: »
    Hey if you've got it flaunt it! It's a nice looking console and if my current 360 rolled over and died I'd be tempted too. By comparison the limited edition star wars one is just hideous.

Not so sure about the value of the epic edition of gears tho, limited seems fine to me - I get enough abuse off the other half without having a statue of Marcus floating around the house!
    hey i am stepping down from epic to get the console as ill be getting the tritton headset too same as yourself too many new shiny things alerts the wife to wasting money :(

also the star wars console is damned ugly :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

god i would love that console but i think the other half would kill me after getting me the halo reach xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm going with yip, pretty mental alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Its a nice looking piece of kit but Ive already booked the epic edition gears so I reckon I will just get a reg 250 gb slim when my xbox gives up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Where are they selling this console OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Where are they selling this console OP?

Available in Game.

• Advertisement

Available in Game.

Preorders were available til sept 1st. I have a preorder for game Liffey valley if someone wants it? If your doing the trade in deal it gets u the gears console for your 250 gb slim plus 175 cash otherwise you will be paying full whack which is 350 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

Guys GAME in Liffey Valley have the Gears Console @99.99 euro if you trade in a 250gb slim! Best deal ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

jdonagh wrote: »
    Guys GAME in Liffey Valley have the Gears Console @99.99 euro if you trade in a 250gb slim! Best deal ever!
    Not really. Your paying €100 for a new game that can be got for about €40 in most shops on release day, crysis 2 which can be got for €15-20 new in most places now, and an extra controller which are about €30 to buy new.

Not exactly massive savings now is it or worth the hassle of transferring all your hard drive contents over to the new HD is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Tinie wrote: »
    Not really. Your paying €100 for a new game that can be got for about €40 in most shops on release day, crysis 2 which can be got for €15-20 new in most places now, and an extra controller which are about €30 to buy new.

Not exactly massive savings now is it or worth the hassle of transferring all your hard drive contents over to the new HD is it?
    ya-rly001.jpg

• The console is 320GB
    • You get a weapon skin code, that people are selling for over £20 on eBay, if you don't want it. Also get Adam Fenix code, can sell that
    • The game, worth about €45/50
    • Two controllers, can sell one
    • Crysis 2 code, which you could again sell
    • The same offer is £99 in GAME/Gamestation UK, so you're getting it cheaper in Ireland
    • It's a limited edition console, so it'll hold it's value
    • It looks BADASS! Custom sounds!
    I was tempted by the £99 offer last night. If I was home, €99 is a steal! Pretty sure they transfer over your contents in-store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Hmmm would be tempted by this...

few questions: Is there any GAME stores outside of dublin? Any near waterford/carlow? Also, you say Crysis 2 code, which you could again sell; do you get a code for the game or a normal copy of crysis 2?

Do you just need to trade in the slim console and 1 controller for this offer or do they want the box/headset also?

EDIT: Was just talking to GAME dawson street, and they said that its €175 for this offer... is it just liffey valley doing it for €99? Strange if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Am seriously tempted by this. Liffey Valley is only a 10 minute drive from me and all :D

I already pre-ordered the game a while ago so I'll be paying full whack for the game on release day anyway, minus the fiver deposit of course. So basically I'll be spending €40 (I think?) on the game anyway, and I can probably sell Crysis 2 for around €15.

That means, I'll only be spending an additional €44 for the console. And with that €44 I get to replace my 1 year old 250GB with a brand-spanking new 320GB Limited Edition console plus all the other extras that come with it. Did I get that right :eek: ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm gonna jump on this, is it all game stores? Or just liffey valley?

One more thing, is it the redesigned joypad with the better dpad?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm gonna jump on this, is it all game stores? Or just liffey valley?

One more thing, is it the redesigned joypad with the better dpad?
    Yeah, it's got the updated d-pad

Healium wrote: »
    Yeah, it's got the updated d-pad

Sold.....

Sold.....
    What if I told you.... you could have TWO?

Gears-of-War-3-Limited-Edition-Controllers-570x237.jpg

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    Sold.....
    What if I told you.... you could have TWO?

Gears-of-War-3-Limited-Edition-Controllers-570x237.jpg

*Drools*

Defo interested in this, just hope its all game stores!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

*Drools*

Defo interested in this, just hope its all game stores!
    Dont think it is. GAME Dawson street don't know anything about the €99 off anyway... they claim its a mistake by Liffey Valley.

Anyone know if they will do the HD transfer in store or what is the story with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Dont think it is. GAME Dawson street don't know anything about the €99 off anyway... they claim its a mistake by Liffey Valley.

Anyone know if they will do the HD transfer in store or what is the story with that?

If it's a mistake they surely would have it corrected by now. I was there earlier and ordered one. They have a poster in store and a flipboard advertising it at the entrance. I asked about data transfer and you have to transfer the data yourself at home via USB stick before you bring in the old console.

Someone was asking above - they don't want the headset or the box. Just one controller, console, tv and power leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If it's a mistake they surely would have it corrected by now. I was there earlier and ordered one. They have a poster in store and a flipboard advertising it at the entrance. I asked about data transfer and you have to transfer the data yourself at home via USB stick before you bring in the old console.

Someone was asking above - they don't want the headset or the box. Just one controller, console, tv and power leads.

Did you order one for €99?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I asked about data transfer and you have to transfer the data yourself at home via USB stick before you bring in the old console.

I'm gonna order one tomorrow. Do they let you bring home the new console to transfer over everything over and then bring the old console in afterwards ??

unklerosco wrote: »
    Did you order one for €99?

Yip. Trading in slim 250gb.

jamescd wrote: »
    I'm gonna order one tomorrow. Do they let you bring home the new console to transfer over everything over and then bring the old console in afterwards ??

Nope. Gotta bring in the old one to get the new one. I've deleted game installs and arcade games. Have enough space on a 4GB USB for game saves and profiles

Yip. Trading in slim 250gb.

Sweet, gonna head over in the morn... What deposit do you need to get one?

unklerosco wrote: »
    Sweet, gonna head over in the morn... What deposit do you need to get one?
    20 euro

• Advertisement

It must just be a liffey valley deal. Rang around 3 other stores closer to me and they're all €174 + the trade in..

Advertisement