Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy to want gears of war limited edition console??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just back from Game Liffey Valley. Your man said there was only 4 consoles left and I just ordered one so there's only 3 left now !! It's €99 as others have said.

The guy who was serving me, the manager I think it was, is a fellow boardsie. He said he's the one who posted about this deal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jamescd wrote: »
    Just back from Game Liffey Valley. Your man said there was only 4 consoles left and I just ordered one so there's only 3 left now !! It's €99 as others have said.

The guy who was serving me, the manager I think it was, is a fellow boardsie. He said he's the one who posted about this deal :D
    longish blonde hair? very friendly guy honestly seems to care a lot about his job which says a lot really.. was nearly too nice when i went in to preorder mine lol its a very nice quality he has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm just about to head over to get mine..

gotta say this DO NOT MISS THIS OFFER ITS FANTASTIC VALUE IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

unklerosco wrote: »
    I'm just about to head over to get mine..

Damn, stuck in college til 5, just popped out to the local game to find it shutdown.... :/

If ya could lay a deposit down for me unklerosco I would be forever in your debt....

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Totally agree, I Just ordered mine in Game Cruises Street, Limerick :D

longish blonde hair? very friendly guy honestly seems to care a lot about his job which says a lot really.. was nearly too nice when i went in to preorder mine lol its a very nice quality he has

yeah that's him. top bloke :)

Now have to transfer over all my content to a USB, and delete the rest. Can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow :cool:

just to make you all sick i also have the collectors edition of the game payed off in full and the gears of war 3 tritton ax720 7.1 dolby surround sound headset payed in full waiting to collect :D

just to make you all sick i also have the collectors edition of the game payed off in full and the gears of war 3 tritton ax720 7.1 dolby surround sound headset payed in full waiting to collect :D
    anyone looking for an excellant headset tritto ax720 got it a week ago worth 149 in gamestop ill do a really good price for it from this thread if someone wants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You must be microsofts best customer ;):p

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You must be microsofts best customer ;):p
    im my own worst enemy lol

moz wrote: »

Totally agree, I Just ordered mine in Game Cruises Street, Limerick :D

so does that mean that all game stores are doing this offer?

Fieldog wrote: »
    so does that mean that all game stores are doing this offer?
    YES get there today otherwise you wont get the offer as far as i know

I'm sure it shuts at 6, missed the boat id say... :(

try getting there at 12 tonight maybe a manager might do you a favour... i suggest liffey valley the manager is sound out

Fieldog wrote: »
    Damn, stuck in college til 5, just popped out to the local game to find it shutdown.... :/

If ya could lay a deposit down for me unklerosco I would be forever in your debt....

:o

Sorry man, only got ur post now and im in the city centre... If u cant make it.in tomorow drop me a pm and ill stick a.deposit.down when I go to collect mine..

Is Game in Liffey Valley open at midnight tonight? I forgot to ask..

Anyone trade-in their console yet ? I'm about to head off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Anyone trade-in their console yet ? I'm about to head off now

Have the old one all packed up! Will be heading up soon.

Finished transferring all my data onto a 16GB USB stick an hour or so ago. Completely forgot to do it last night :pac:

I'm thinking of giving them the white controller which came with my old 20GB Pro console. I want to keep the black one which came with the slim. You reckon they'll take it ? :D

• Advertisement

Finished transferring all my data onto a 16GB USB stick an hour or so ago. Completely forgot to do it last night :pac:

I'm thinking of giving them the white controller which came with my old 20GB Pro console. I want to keep the black one which came with the slim. You reckon they'll take it ? :D

doubt it. sure u wont be using it anyway with your 2 shiny new GOW3 ones!

got mine today sexy console lol

crysis 2 is a download code

gears 3 traded it for 36 in gamestop picked up dead island :D

got my gears 3 tritton ax720 headset

also got my gears of war collectors edition

Got mine, also managed to get the epic edition.. I now have 3 copies of the game. Time to do some selling/trading!!

doubt it. sure u wont be using it anyway with your 2 shiny new GOW3 ones!

Yeah traded in the black controller instead. But I couldn't find the battery cover for it because I've been using a play and charge kit for a long time now. They wouldn't take the bloody controller without a battery cover so they made me buy one of their play and charge kits for €16. Battery covers are like 2 quid on ebay ffs :mad:

Yeah traded in the black controller instead. But I couldn't find the battery cover for it because I've been using a play and charge kit for a long time now. They wouldn't take the bloody controller without a battery cover so they made me buy one of their play and charge kits for €16. Battery covers are like 2 quid on ebay ffs :mad:

Killer! I remembered to switch my rechargable one with the original one which was at the back of the TV press last night.

Anyway thar she blows!

got mine today sexy console lol

crysis 2 is a download code

gears 3 traded it for 36 in gamestop picked up dead island :D

got my gears 3 tritton ax720 headset

also got my gears of war collectors edition

I was tempted by the tritton headset but didnt go for it. They were priced at €109. Just checked amazon and they are £160 there :eek:.

Edit: checked amazon again. Guess the ones in Game are the AX180's which are £69.99 on amazon.

These new GOW3 controllers actually have a black battery cover which would match the old controller. They could have easily taken one of them off and put it on the old controller. They opened the box anyway because I asked them to swap the TV leads because I wanted to keep the old one.

They made me spend €16 for absolutely no good reason :rolleyes:

I was tempted by the tritton headset but didnt go for it. They were priced at €109. Just checked amazon and they are £160 there :eek:.

Edit: checked amazon again. Guess the ones in Game are the AX180's which are £69.99 on amazon.
    i have the standard tritton ax720 headset too if your interested? they are a week old. tell ya what ill pm since its off topic

These new GOW3 controllers actually have a black battery cover which would match the old controller. They could have easily taken one of them off and put it on the old controller. They opened the box anyway because I asked them to swap the TV leads because I wanted to keep the old one.

They made me spend €16 for absolutely no good reason :rolleyes:

Thats what I did, I'd no covers so brought my rechargeable pack for testing, bloke took the cover off one of the pads in the box and swapped it. Must say, the staff in Game in liffey valley are all dead on.. Really really helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I'm gonna order one tomorrow. Do they let you bring home the new console to transfer over everything over and then bring the old console in afterwards ??

LOL !! yeah of course they do :confused:

Advertisement