Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Advice on writing?

• 31-08-2011 7:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    Ive got my ideas,my story,my plotline and character development and although im nearly finished,i have been writing it all in pen!
    Is this bad or should i get a type writer for what i hope to be my next project.i wont use the computer as the dull whine has me searching for inspiration beyond the monitor and into the world which makes this noise!

All matrixy sounding there..sorry!

Anyone?

Actually don't both answering, I'm just a low-life spammer

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hi Kasandra and welcome to boards.

To be honest if you only have a story, plotline and character development you're nowhere near finished. Maybe the first draft, but there's a long slog ahead rewriting and editing and that is no fun at all if you're redoing it all by hand. You'll also want to be able to make copies quickly for beta readers to give you feedback.

I tend to write all my first draft stuff in pen on little bits of paper and when it gets to a critical point I transfer it onto the computer. That way I don't get distracted while doing the creative part and I don't need to worry about inspiration while typing it up. I do similar for rewrites, putting the main ideas on paper and then working on the typed version. It's a lot easier to get drawn into fixing something than trying to create something new on a blank page, for me at least.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Kasandra Templet permabanned for heinous use of the edit function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

What happened?

Advertisement