Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks and Spensers issue

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Recently purchased some items in m&s in the final clearance. I was told that the items cannot be returned for any reason. Is this normal in a sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I suspect that you were misguided by the staff member. AFAIK your rights to a product which is free from fault and fit for purpose remain, but M&S have a very strong returns policy above and beyond your rights, and I'd imagine that policy is the one that you are not entitled to rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They can be returned if faulty or not as described - i.e. as described in Consumer Law.

I think that the salesperson was trying to say that the normal M&S retun policy does not apply to these items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

M&S generally allow returns if you change your mind but NOT for sale items.

However, if a sale item is faulty it is allowed to be returned to M&S - this a right by law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

As mentioned above, this is standard practice, they are end of line clearance, and they want rid of them, so they exclude them from their 35 day change of mind policy.
    This doesnt in any way effect your statutory rights for if there is a fault/flaw with the item

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Cheers for all the replies. The way some of the staff put it was slightly over exhuberant. Cheers again

• Advertisement
Advertisement