Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to buy rain gear in naas or newbridge whitewater

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

hi, need to pick up some rain gear, tops and bottoms. any camping shops or somewhere that might sell this in naas or whitewater? thinking halfords in naas or Tk maxx but not too sure. Doesn't need to be top notch but the likes of Penneys is useless

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Go to the North Face at the outlets in Kildare. You'll get proper rain gear there for half price or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

There is an Outdoor shop opposite the entrance to the Whitewater. (the entrance on Cutlery Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Ted Johnsons - Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

prospect wrote: »
    There is an Outdoor shop opposite the entrance to the Whitewater. (the entrance on Cutlery Road)

Was just in there today, getting sorted for Electric Picnic. Good waterproof trousers 19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Ballyman wrote: »
    Go to the North Face at the outlets in Kildare. You'll get proper rain gear there for half price or less.

^^^ This.

I was there at the weekend and they had really good gear on sale quite cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

Ballyman wrote: »
    convert wrote: »
    ^^^ This.

I was there at the weekend and they had really good gear on sale quite cheaply.

Prefer Tog 24 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've cheaped it on rain gear for years and at the end of the day its not worth it. You get cheap stuff that isn't breathable and you start sweating in it and get cold

You dont have to spend a fortune if you look on amazon. Try get a jacket with a min breathable rating of about 10,000 and waterproof of 15,000.

Recently picked up a pair of Regatta chandler II trousers with their isotex material rating of 5,000.

Goretex or Event will be expensive but the best if you are very active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

As others as said Kildare Village is good for discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

/end 2011 thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement