Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Updates on HP Touchpad Availability?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

How ye

Just checked out HP.com and it says more Touchpads available in the following weeks....any one have any other info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did they? Oh deadly which hp.com is that???

(erm rollseyes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

listermint wrote: »
    Did they? Oh deadly which hp.com is that???

(erm rollseyes)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599.
    Printers above $599???

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mcd121

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

davoxx wrote: »
    what does it all mean??

There's a great little invention called left click, you should try it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭Raoul

Well like does that mean they are back in stock in argos or what? :confused:

Raoul wrote: »
    Well like does that mean they are back in stock in argos or what? :confused:

Yes.. i tried to reserve it this morning but looks like you need to go into the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yes.. i tried to reserve it this morning but looks like you need to go into the store.

Did you ring up and get confirmation that they have them and what store?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

i did .. it's the old page.

i asked what it meant, or what you thought it meant, should have been a tad bit clearer :D

are they store with it in stock? which stores? did you ring? did you get one? which store? was the argos girl hot? did you take a pic of her cans while getting the touchpad? when will you upload the pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

i asked what it meant, or what you thought it meant, should have been a tad bit clearer :D

are they store with it in stock? which stores? did you ring? did you get one? which store? was the argos girl hot? did you take a pic of her cans while getting the touchpad? when will you upload the pic?

The update is the Printer.

Raoul wrote: »
    Did you ring up and get confirmation that they have them and what store?

Getting mixed reports from two stores? First of i only received that email this morning?. One shop said they are gone back to it's original price?
    The other store i called said they are out of stock and will not be selling them as there is a fault with them?
    Waiting on a email from head office so hopefully they should clear it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

If you haven't got one(retail €99) already you will not be getting one.

HP announced today that they will build one more consignment but only for release in the states......

Using up spare parts as I understand it, and some good publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 brian23456

Brilliant :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

"PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 tablet per order. Argos cannot be held responsible for any delay in delivery if there is a disruption to delivery services outside of our control."

That's new. Why bother changing if they're not getting stock. Hmmm........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

HP announced today that they will build one more consignment but only for release in the states......

Where did they say that?

dvpower wrote: »
    Where did they say that?

page 26 of the indo, right hand side of the page.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/red-faces-as-hp-sells-off-its-300-touchpads-for-just-99-2863768.html

edit, soft copy below

IT WAS the product that wasn't meant to be. Designed to rival Apple's phenomenally successful iPad, Hewlett Packard's TouchPad was launched exactly two months ago, and met with the sort of reception of which retail nightmares are made.

A mere 12,000 were sold in the first month of European release, a figure which fell even further in the weeks that followed. After seven weeks, it was announced that the TouchPad would be discontinued -- a humiliating retreat by an already ailing company.

But when retailers were told they could sell the remaining tablets at a quarter of the original price -- $99 (€71), instead of the iPad price-matching $399 and $499 -- TouchPad's fortunes began to magically turn around. The sum was not enough to cover manufacturing costs, but was sufficient to prompt a buying bonanza. Cut-price TouchPads flew off the shelves, with lengthy queues forming outside stockists and websites experiencing frenzied demand.

Temporary

So it was that Hewlett Packard yesterday found itself performing yet another U-turn. In an entry posted on the company's blog, it announced that after being "pleasantly surprised" by sales of the cut-price tablet, it would be returning the TouchPad to the market on a temporary basis.

"The speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning," the statement explained. "We have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand." The run will be limited to North American retailers only.

As technology bloggers have pointed out, the $99 TouchPads may be popular, but they're still not going to be profitable. Hewlett Packard is thought to be losing some $200 on every device sold.

Why it has decided to embrace the loss-making product is the subject of some speculation. Reports from Taiwan indicate that it may have to do with surplus parts held by manufacturers, while others have suggested the move is an attempt to garner a few positive headlines after months of negative press.

Critics have described it as "a triumph of madness over common sense", arguing that it adds to its reputation for indecision. (© Independent News Service)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

"PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 tablet per order. Argos cannot be held responsible for any delay in delivery if there is a disruption to delivery services outside of our control."

That's new. Why bother changing if they're not getting stock. Hmmm........

Thats not new. Thats there since the product launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There's one (new 32GB) for sale on DD

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

There's one (new 32GB) for sale on DD

;) €180 profit in a week, nice one if the seller gets it

Yep, It's the old story of supply and demand? Isn't it amazing the way human instinct cuts in when something can't be got? everyone wants one :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

mcd121 wrote: »
    How ye

Just checked out HP.com and it says more Touchpads available in the following weeks....any one have any other info?
    Just for America.

Tweet from HPNewsUK \\Just to clear up reports about a new batch of Touchpads. This is a limited quantity in the US only

so thats that....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, It's the old story of supply and demand? Isn't it amazing the way human instinct cuts in when something can't be got? everyone wants one :D
    It's the price, nothing more really. It was never about "want, want, want", it was because a high-end tablet has gone to market at prices that everyone is prepared to pay for them.

The demand for the touchpad is rigidly price-linked. The idiots who bought them to try and flip them for a huge profit will realise that soon enough when they can't resell it for €300 because very few people will buy at that price.

Within a few weeks, you'll see touchpads going for €200 as sellers have to drop prices to meet what people are willing to pay. As far as buyers are concerned, the touchpad is no longer worth €500. They were firesold for €100, so they are worth at best €150 - €200. Remember that something is not valued by the sum of its parts, it's value is what people will pay for it.

I don't know anything much about these tabs but if they were sold off and ended, what future does the end user\owner have with such a device? What about Apps, accessories or support?

I don't know anything much about these tabs but if they were sold off and ended, what future does the end user\owner have with such a device? What about Apps, accessories or support?

Im sure a solid android platform will be available soon, then it opens up all these posibilties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I went into Argos last Tuesday afternoon and they had none left and none in other stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 autocorrect

i was just wondering how many people actually got a touchpad at the reduced price? From reading the treads it doesn't seem like many

• Advertisement

i was just wondering how many people actually got a touchpad at the reduced price? From reading the treads it doesn't seem like many[/Quote

I know two lads working in argos castlebar...they both got one but said the only ever got three in the store and the third one was got by another lad that worked there....so I wouldn't say many got them

Advertisement