Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Holld me close..." (or bib short sizing for beginners...)

• 31-08-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭

So, I have a pair of Endura bib shorts in size L and they're a nice fit. Fairly tight about the legs and a comfy chamois with only the occasional 'adjustment' required.

Got my new boards shorts in size XL and they're snug, very snug! Kinda like a lucky-I-have-kids-already sort of snug...

Now I know they're supposed to hold you close so to speak but is this going too far? I've felt a bit of a squeeze down there on longer spins so maybe they're too tight.

Wore them for a week* to break them in and then went back to the Enduras for a couple of days and they feel loose now.

So, do you wear yours tight, very tight or ouch tight?...

*at intervals smart ass... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bib shorts are generally sized for length rather than girth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Tis a strange one. I reckon bicycle kit manufacturers just pick size tags at random. I have Mavic shorts size Large and they are practically baggy. And I'm not exactly skinny. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Cycling fit does seem totally random.
    I'm medium in some (very few !)
    Large in most
    XL in the occasional one although In the SK team 2009 gear I was XL and snug at that (Spin) yet the 2010 (spin) Gear XL was floating on me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lumen wrote: »
    Bib shorts are generally sized for length rather than girth.

And ladies' bibs are size for what then? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I came to the conclusion a while back that there are no sizes when it comes to cycling gear (short or jerseys).

I presently wear size L, XL and XXL in shorts. They all fit the same. Need to be tight.

In jerseys I wear M, L, XL, XXL. I have an L jersey that is larger than my XXL jersey (by the same manufacturer). My M jersey is about the same size as an XL.
    I have three L jerseys from the same manufacturer (all bought from Prendas) 1 is race fit which is perfect, one is too loose and one feels like the type of corset that a burlseque dancer would be proud of (and I have curves that only a burlesque dancer could appreciate).

You need to try stuff on or only buy from sites that include body measurements (but even this is unreliable).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Much the same to report as ROK ON. My bibs are XXL or XL, with one of the latter baggier than the XXL. My jerseys range frmo M to XL. I'm 6'2", 85kg, 35" waist. I regard it as "luck" rather than "skill" when I buy something (generally buy online) that fits me comfortably. Thats why I generally only buy in sales/promotions/special offers, as I reckon its a lottery if they will actually fit me.:confused:

Oh, and dont get me started on cycling shoe sizing either..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

all my shorts are xl
    santini are fine, cheap descente are too long, cheap nalini are well cheap nalini, skil shimano fine

the only real problem i have is a pair of craft shorts where the legs are too tight

Advertisement