Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling in Maternity Benefit Form

Options
  • 31-08-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I'm filling in the maternity benefit form:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/mb10.pdf

It's fairly self explanatory, but I am looking at Part 5, where you fill out details of your children. Now this might seem like a silly question but it asks how many children you wish to claim for. I already have a son but I'm not claiming maternity benefit for him...I already receive child benefit for him. Do I fill in his details in this section anyway? I'm a bit confused, what did other people fill out in this section?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Cottontail wrote: »
    I'm filling in the maternity benefit form:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/mb10.pdf

It's fairly self explanatory, but I am looking at Part 5, where you fill out details of your children. Now this might seem like a silly question but it asks how many children you wish to claim for. I already have a son but I'm not claiming maternity benefit for him...I already receive child benefit for him. Do I fill in his details in this section anyway? I'm a bit confused, what did other people fill out in this section?

omg Cottontail, I had exactly the same query last week and I had to ring the Department over it lol I asked her if she wanted me to put the name of the baby in before it was even born :eek::o

Fill in the details of your son, whether you're claiming for him or not. The girl in the Dept said that it's only to see if your eligible for anything extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

That's deadly, thanks Hannibal Smith. I just didn't want to fill in his details and then be followed by social welfare for fraud or something!!

... ok, so it asks how many children do I wish to claim for, do I put down 1 because of my son, or 2, including the one yet to be born? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beanser

... ok, so it asks how many children do I wish to claim for, do I put down 1 because of my son, or 2, including the one yet to be born? :confused:

I'm hating that form right now, having to write to the tax people in England to get a national insurance number I haven't used in 11 years! Grrrrr.

I also wondered about that last question, I don't think you fill in anything for the baby that is due, only the children you already have. If anyone knows different do let me know.

Also, does anyone know can you get the doctor's part filled out by your GP if you're doing combined care, or does it have to be someone from the hospital?

I've given more questions than answers, sorry : )

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

this is like the confused blog, forms are so complicated at times aren't they, I haven't even looked at that form yet, as I thought that maybe its to early to fill it out as I am just 19wks. I have just been told my job if i dont return to work soon I am going to be removed off the the pay roll, Its not my fault my pregnancy sickness is worst then others. they have no heart! sorry I am extremely upset with them at the moment.. Its not like we can try again after this, because we cant, Its IVF this is final go just really annoyed at the mo.. :-(((((((((((

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your gp fills out the medical part for you and you do not include unborn children on the form:)

I've just tried to ring them there to clarify a couple of things and the 1890 number on the form seems to be a dead number. I looked up a number for the buncrana office but it's just ringing out....aaagggghhhhhh..... stress levels rising..... :mad:

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Your gp fills out the medical part for you and you do not include unborn children on the form:)

Thanks Moonbeam : )

I've just tried to ring them there to clarify a couple of things and the 1890 number on the form seems to be a dead number. I looked up a number for the buncrana office but it's just ringing out....aaagggghhhhhh..... stress levels rising..... :mad:

Nightmare!! I tried ringing the 1890 number yesterday and just got a beep beep beep, thought it was just my mobile.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tel:
    (01) 471 5898 should work.

• Advertisement

no, just put down your son. The one you have already :D This is like an 'extra claim' if you like, whereas the maternity benefit form automatically takes care of the unborn child, if you get me :D

Don't bother with the locall number, I couldn't get through on that either, I used the main number (same as moonbeams gave)

purplecat wrote: »
    this is like the confused blog, forms are so complicated at times aren't they, I haven't even looked at that form yet, as I thought that maybe its to early to fill it out as I am just 19wks. I have just been told my job if i dont return to work soon I am going to be removed off the the pay roll, Its not my fault my pregnancy sickness is worst then others. they have no heart! sorry I am extremely upset with them at the moment.. Its not like we can try again after this, because we cant, Its IVF this is final go just really annoyed at the mo.. :-(((((((((((

Aww purplecat, I know it's easy to say, but don't let it stress you out. The company probably have a policy of paying you for so many days while you're out sick and you've probably surpassed that, have you? If so, I'm sure you can claim sickness benefit. But the Citizens Advice Bureau would be able to tell you. Try their website, it's very informative and not written in Revenue Jargon which is even better.

The most important thing is that everything works out in the end. Don't let the stress of money get to you, it will work out, the main thing is to keep yourself well and concentrate on your ickle one. Don't let a silly person in payroll get you down *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

Aww purplecat, I know it's easy to say, but don't let it stress you out. The company probably have a policy of paying you for so many days while you're out sick and you've probably surpassed that, have you? If so, I'm sure you can claim sickness benefit. But the Citizens Advice Bureau would be able to tell you. Try their website, it's very informative and not written in Revenue Jargon which is even better.

The most important thing is that everything works out in the end. Don't let the stress of money get to you, it will work out, the main thing is to keep yourself well and concentrate on your ickle one. Don't let a silly person in payroll get you down *hugs*

thanks Hannibal, Yes you are right I have surpassed my sick days, I can claim sickness benefit if I am working under 20hrs a week...
    Don't know why things cant be simple, why forms and some website have to be so complicated,. Trying not to stress out is my biggest fault..:confused:

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Tel:
    (01) 471 5898 should work.

Thanks, I'm only seeing this now. I got through to the Buncrana office to be told that it's the wrong office and to ring the 1890 number :rolleyes:. I've filled in what I think is right on the form and let them get back to me if there's anything wrong with it. I think it's all ok though. Thanks for all the help!

Advertisement