Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood

• 31-08-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any reccomendations of any suppliers of genuine dried or kiln dried firewood in the Waterford area that sells in bulk ton bags or trailer loads?

I am aware of some fuel suppliers in the Waterford area but when I have visited their premises the dried stuff thery are selling has been stored out under the elements and is usless to me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

You could try langan fuels on old kilmeaden road. It might be a bit early for a lot of places as I dont think many people need firewood just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Max Powers wrote: »
    You could try langan fuels on old kilmeaden road. It might be a bit early for a lot of places as I dont think many people need firewood just yet.

I drive past there most days and have noticed their ton bags of wood are all stored outside in the bags and out in the elements - not the best way to keep the moisture content down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Surely moisture content shouldnt be that much of an issue if your only burning it. Would be harder to start the fire alright but it would burn for longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

We got a trailer load last week. 150 for the lot and it was a big trailer. Back garden is full of blocks now. Ill get the number if ya want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 THEKTEAM

theres a broken up KILKENNY sign in sallypark that would make a great fire in any Deise Home on a cold night and probably bring a warmer glow to your winter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

wobbles wrote: »
    Surely moisture content shouldnt be that much of an issue if your only burning it. Would be harder to start the fire alright but it would burn for longer

Wobbles if wood is not seasoned or has more than 20% moisture it will cause excessive creosote and tar build ups in your chimney and stive any can ultimatly lead to chimney fires , plus the wood will not fully burn leaving you with more than ash to clean out ,

@ Seanybiker was the wood seasoned or cut long if so can u pm me the number thanks

Advertisement