Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to live in Dublin 15 ??

Options
  • 31-08-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,

I am moving to Dublin in October 2011. I will start working at ebaY office in Blanchardstown. I am looking for a place to live.

I need your advices about places. I need a place near to office and the shopping center that i swa from internet. I think the only transportation way is bus. I would like to be close to office but close to transportation stations to reach the city center and of course i need a place which is safe.

What dou you suggest for district?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

If you got a bike you could like at places along the train line like Consilla, Coolmine or Castleknock (Laurel Lodge).

This would mean you would have a short bike ride to work in Ebay but then are about 20 mins from town on the train.

The 39A bus service is good in to the city from the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

Lots to do at the centre with the very large Blanchardstown Library and the Draiocht theatre.

What areas are you thinking about?

Have you looked on www.daft.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 movintodublin

Yes I am checking www.daft.ie and also the other web sites. I would like to live in a place which is close to office and transportation stations and which is safe.

I found parnellapartments in ladyswell road. Do you have any idea?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

I would not recommend Ladyswell. Are you a man or woman? Will you be walking in the area alone?

I think the areas I mentioned above might suit better.

Waterville would be an estate that you could walk to from Ebay

Does Ebay have an office noticeboard? You might find someone looking for a house mate on this?

I am male and the most important thing is security of course.
    Then i will check waterville, consilla, coolmine and castleknock
    These are both close to office and the shopping center, right?
    Thank you

I am male and the most important thing is security of course.
    Then i will check waterville, consilla, coolmine and castleknock
    These are both close to office and the shopping center, right?
    Thank you

Westend - Very short walk to office

Clonsilla - Close on bike

Coolmine - Close on bike/ Or walk

Verdemont - Very short walk to office

Waterville - Walkable distance (or use a bike)

Castleknock - Need a bike

I'm sure some other people will join this thread and will have further helpful input!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Yes I am checking www.daft.ie and also the other web sites. I would like to live in a place which is close to office and transportation stations and which is safe.

Thanks in advance

Find somewhere other then Ladyswell :)

There are so many places, I'd go by Diddler's suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

I'd go with Diddler's suggestions too.

Look up these areas on Google Maps, it will show you were they are in relation to Ebay. Streetview is great for checking out areas, you can
    tell so much from a photo :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there 2 eBay offices in Blanchardstown?

1 big office in Ballycoolin and a smaller office near West End.

The 2 offices are not in walking distance of each other.

If you're working in Ballycoolin, you'll need to be on the 38 bus route.

If you're working near West End, there's a lot more options.

Do you know which office it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Westend - Very short walk to office

Clonsilla - Close on bike

Coolmine - Close on bike/ Or walk

Verdemont - Very short walk to office

Waterville - Walkable distance (or use a bike)

Castleknock - Need a bike

I'm sure some other people will join this thread and will have further helpful input!

If ebay have showers, maybe jog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If you lived in Waterville it wouldn't matter which office it was. Walkable in 10-15 mins either way. Waterville is also on the 38 bus route (to Ballycoolin and to the city centre) and the 17a (to the shopping centre) so living there would give options to walk, get the bus or cycle.

Within Waterville I wouldn't recommend Bantry Square or Achill Square as they are the furthest into Waterville and from the road where the bus stops are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yep. Waterville is your best bet. Right beside the Centre and bus stops to the City Centre too. Tyrellstown is a grand Plan B also...just not as central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hello new eBayer. I work there and live in Waterville. I would recommend it 100%. It's a nice area with a really nice park, it's safe, quiet and has a great mix of nationalities living there. The eBay office is literally across the bridge just outside Waterville and right beside the West End retail park.

Is it definitely eBay you'll be working in? The only eBay building in Dublin 15 is at West End... it's actually PayPal (although eBay owned) that are up in Ballycoolin.

kyub wrote: »
    Hello new eBayer. I work there and live in Waterville. I would recommend it 100%. It's a nice area with a really nice park, it's safe, quiet and has a great mix of nationalities living there. The eBay office is literally across the bridge just outside Waterville and right beside the West End retail park.

Is it definitely eBay you'll be working in? The only eBay building in Dublin 15 is at West End... it's actually PayPal (although eBay owned) that are up in Ballycoolin.

Yeah it is ebay not paypall. so the office is at West end. I will check Waterville.

What about Verdemont?

Thanks to all for your recommendations.

What about Westend or Verdemont? Do you have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Westend is very close to Ebay, it is modern, safe and pretty much within the shopping center so very close to everything.

Verdemont is a the next apartment complex down from Westend so a couple of minutes extra. You have gyms, shopping, security, eBay, Buses, Cinema, Library, Theatre, Bars and restaurants in five minutes walk from these places.

Bit of advice, many people I know who come to work in eBay/PayPal/IBM in Dublin 15 start living in the area but will soon move closer to city centre so they experience Dublin more. If you do that, there is many transport links going to Ebay. There are some very good areas in Dublin 15, but there also some horrible places too. Best thing is to ask, like you have done here, Ladyswell is a big big NO.

so I will check Westend, Verdemont and Waterville. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Check them all out but personally I wouldn't go near Westend. The apartments are far smaller than the ones in Waterville and Verdemont but about the same price because they are so close to the shopping centre.

Bit of advice, many people I know who come to work in eBay/PayPal/IBM in Dublin 15 start living in the area but will soon move closer to city centre so they experience Dublin more. If you do that, there is many transport links going to Ebay. There are some very good areas in Dublin 15, but there also some horrible places too. Best thing is to ask, like you have done here, Ladyswell is a big big NO.

First, I was checking a place in Dublin 2 or Dublin 4 but when I checked from www.dublinbus.ie It is far away from Blanchardstown and I think I have to change more than 2 buses to go to the office and It probably takes 40 min. to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

First, I was checking a place in Dublin 2 or Dublin 4 but when I checked from www.dublinbus.ie It is far away from Blanchardstown and I think I have to change more than 2 buses to go to the office and It probably takes 40 min. to go there.

The 38 bus will get you there from Dublin 1 or 2 in one (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Advertisement

A bus from Baggot Street on the border of Dublin 2/4 can take anything from 25 minutes to 2 hours. If you need to be in work by a certain time you'd be taking a risk to live that far away IMO.

Okay. Well Dublin city is split by the river, north and south. Ebay and Dublin 15 is north of the river. Everything north is an odd post code, 1, 3, 15 etc, everything even is south of the river. So when you look at places, keep this in mind.

Many people I know live in Glasnevin, Drumcondra, Phibsboro because these are on the 38 bus routes so these routes go to eBay/PayPal/IBM, but also very close to city centre to live.

Obviously, the closer to the city, the more expensive it will be.

Many people I know live in Glasnevin, Drumcondra, Phibsboro because these are on the 38 bus routes so these routes go to eBay/PayPal/IBM, but also very close to city centre

Glasnevin and Drumcondra aren't on the 38 routes. From the city centre it goes past the mater, up to Doyles corner, new Cabra road to the Navan road and then out.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Glasnevin and Drumcondra aren't on the 38 routes. From the city centre it goes past the mater, up to Doyles corner, new Cabra road to the Navan road and then out.

Yeah I know, its a ten minute walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

athtrasna wrote: »
    A bus from Baggot Street on the border of Dublin 2/4 can take anything from 25 minutes to 2 hours. If you need to be in work by a certain time you'd be taking a risk to live that far away IMO.

Harry Potters bus couldn't do that in 25 mins.

It usually takes 60~75 mins. Once it took 50 mins. That best time.

If it were me I'd try to live within walking distance of the train and cycle to work.

BostonB wrote: »
    Harry Potters bus couldn't do that in 25 mins.

It usually takes 60~75 mins. Once it took 50 mins. That best time.

If it were me I'd try to live within walking distance of the train and cycle to work.

I was on a bus that did it in 25 mins...early summer 2010! A total and utter freak occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

Clonee is close and handy too, ie Littlepace/Ongar

muppet01 wrote: »
    Clonee is close and handy too, ie Littlepace/Ongar

If you had a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Where does the 39A go through?

• Advertisement

Hello again,

do you know that there is a bus from Ashtown/Royal Canal Park to ebay office? I found Royal Canal Park pretty good.

does anybody have suggestions.
    If there is a bus line to ebay office can it be a good option? It is near to city centre isn't it?

thanks is advance

Advertisement