Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport options after back suregery

Options
  • 31-08-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

(Not sure where the best forum to post this is so move if not appropriate)

My sis has is being admitted to Cork University Hospital today for emergency back surgery tomorrow and then being discharged on Friday. She will need to be driven home to Clare which is a good 2.5hr drive at least. The hospital told my mum to lie her on the back seat of the car which i think is plainly ridiculous for such a long journey given the seriousness of the operation she is undergoing.
    Are there any private ambulances or the like that could be hired so that she could be in a proper reclined and safe position or any other options?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Do you know anyone in any voluntary ambulances org such as the red cross or order of Malta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

afraid not

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

front seat reclined I thought would be a better idea.... their are private ambulances for hire, expensive tho I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yeah after speaking to the surgeon again today and he said that was the best way. just have to be extra careful as the seatbelts are useless in that position...

Advertisement