Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Visits im not sure ive claimed for

Options
  • 31-08-2011 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have ahad a few GP visits over the past 3 years that Im not sure whether I have claimed for or not I know I have claimed for some, what should I do in this case, do the VHI keep a record of what I have claimed for? Im thinking of going to my GP and getting all my receipts for the past 3 years and sending them off, some of them will have already have been claimed for though , any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

AFAIK, VHI will only entertain claims for the preceding year within 3 months of your renewal date. I think you're out of luck, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I would agree with previous poster as that would be my experience but you should check with VHI as to whether they will honour. They do have records of what you have claimed and when you have claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I recently got a Claim Form from Quinn Healthcare which specifically stated that I was to attach receipts from last year's policy. However, I found some receipts from 2007 onwards (so safely put away, couldn't find them!!) and rang them and they said they would pay them. I got four separate cheques back for each of the years I was claiming for, without difficulty so I would definitely ring them or just send them in and see :)

Advertisement