Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Pools

Options
  • 31-08-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey. Just moved to Cork recently and so far I haven't been impressed with the swimming pools here, most are ok for children or beginner swimmers.

I am finding it hard to locate a pool with a depth of more than 1.5m. So where is the deepest pool in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Ive only been there once and it was a good few years ago but I remember Bishopstown being good. They have 2 adult pools 18m and 25m but idk about depth, it could be worth a phonecall though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

stacexD wrote: »
    Ive only been there once and it was a good few years ago but I remember Bishopstown being good. They have 2 adult pools 18m and 25m but idk about depth, it could be worth a phonecall though!

The 25m goes up to 2m deep I think the 18m goes up to 1.6m deep or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

There are no pools in Cork with diving depths but plenty with more then 1.5 in the deep end. Any pool with a deepend have that depth. Public pools - Bishopstown, Churchfield, Douglas, Mayfield. Leisure Centres with deep end pools oakgrove, silversprings, brookfield. Not sure about others.

Why would it matter though? Swam before school for 2 hours every day and the depth of a pool wouldnt effect me. Shape yes, some leisure centres like rochestown arent suitable for swimming lengths.

Advertisement