Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for Ken Ó Héiligh

Options
  • 31-08-2011 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Cllr Ken O Heilligh has been very good to come on Boards and enter into a discussion with us Boardsies. In the Tolls thread the Cllr has been very good in not wanting to derail the thread with some of the questions put to him. So I'm hoping he will be very good and indulge us with this thread. A thread where he can address are questions and not be in danger of derailing any threads. I'd like to get the ball rolling

Hi Ken, in the toll thread you explain that you believe the toll (a e1.80 charge) is one of the reasons behind Droghedas high unemployment. But isn't the rate for hourly parking in the town similar. So what have you been doing to address this. Wouldn't local business benefit from free parking in the town, Would you agree that the cost of parking in the town is a greater barrier to employment then say a motorway toll?

I also understand that a lot of business in the town are unhappy with the cost of rates, and that they would be lowered. Where do you stand on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

tumbleweed-300x292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

hsc4838l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

So Ken, any chance of a answer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did anyone ever really expect an answer?

Anyway, when you google his name now, this topic comes up right at the top. Should be good PR around election times when people start researching people in the running....

I suppose not, its pretty embarrassing and looks pretty bad. That he wont answer the question. But will come online and report a critical post.

Thanks Ken, I'll be asking you about this thread, next time you come knocking in Ashfeild.

• Advertisement

Mr_Hat wrote: »
    I suppose not, its pretty embarrassing and looks pretty bad. That he wont answer the question. But will come online and report a critical post.

Thanks Ken, I'll be asking you about this thread, next time you come knocking in Ashfeild.

Why not bring it to his attention at the next of his meetings about the tolls?

I'll be honest and say I think if you ask him, he won't have a clue what you're on about. I don't know what boards.ie policy is on politicans starting up accounts and starting to answer questions, but I have a feeling that the arguement of "Get a life" may have been because he wasn't as mature as one may believe.

I'll be honest and say I think if you ask him, he won't have a clue what you're on about. I don't know what boards.ie policy is on politicans starting up accounts and starting to answer questions, but I have a feeling that the arguement of "Get a life" may have been because he wasn't as mature as one may believe.

I would have thought the same.
    However, he reported that post in the other thread, and that doesnt seem like something someone who is masquerading as another person would do. Defend his honor like that, infact it seems quite the opposite.

Not if you're related to the person in question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

He was at our door last night about the water pipes freezing in winter , was he not at yours??:confused:

• Advertisement

PinkFly wrote: »
    He was at our door last night about the water pipes freezing in winter , was he not at yours??:confused:

No I went out for a few drinks after work. I didnt get home till after eleven. I wish I hadn't now

Well Digital Darragh is definitely Kens son. He has mentioned this thread a number of times in his twitter feed (strangely it looks like some posts relating to what he posted have been remved) At no stage has DD said that the person posting as Ken is not his dad. So I belive the poster calling himself Ken is Ken. Unless DD says otherwise.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/64102314.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/47403041.png/
    http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8135/35754541.png

Ok, I was trying to be subtle but screw it. I could be wrong here, and apologies if I am, but here's what I reckon happened.

I think DD started a topic up to help his father's campaign. I think that some people reacted "negatively" to the topic at first and reacted very badly when they found out he was who he was. I think some people challanged his ability to make an unbiased arguement on the topic. I think all that because on the face of it, that's what happened.

I think after this we go into speculation. I am now of the belief that DD set up a new account where he himself posed as his father. I think he did this because he knew people would take him seriously if he led people to believe he was his father. However in the process, I think he inadvertantly started to make the problem worse. I think the reason he's refused, point blank, to answer questions on policy is that he's not foolish enough to start answering questions on his fathers behalf. If you look back, he lept quickly out of the last topic when I pointed out that googling the campaign (and now the Counciller's name) led to the topics popping up. In other words, anyone searching for info on Ken now gets a stark picture of someone who is immature and refuses to answer very basic questions.

I think all this because I quite simply cannot believe the counciller would actually act the way he did, say the things he did and imply the things he did. And I think he/Ken is not answering questions now because he knows he's dug himself into a hole and it's dangerous to his father's career now.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I've been reading to much detective novels as of late. But that's just the impression I've been getting as of late.

No I went out for a few drinks after work. I didnt get home till after eleven. I wish I hadn't now

Twas about 7 or so... Neighbourino :p

I am now of the belief that DD set up a new account where he himself posed as his father. I think he did this because he knew people would take him seriously if he led people to believe he was his father.

I really hope thats not the case. I can understand why he might want to defend his dad. BUT if he really was posing as him. He really needs to come clean.

Twas about 7 or so... Neighbourino :p

Do you know if he is going to be coming back.

Edit. I still wouldnt be home then anyway. Commuting sucks. What did he say?

What did he say?

"Tolls cause unemployment. Ireland needs a space program. This rock scares away lions."

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I've been reading to much detective novels as of late. But that's just the impression I've been getting as of late.

Hmm so it look like Ken and DD were last online here at pretty much the same time. The plot thickens.

screen1.jpg

acreen2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

Good work agent Mr Hat, I think the evidence is overwhelming! All those guys are after is self publicity!shame on you Drogheda leader, all those pictures of Ken pointing at "things" over the years are just lazy Journalism.

Do you know if he is going to be coming back.

Edit. I still wouldnt be home then anyway. Commuting sucks. What did he say?

about a meeting that was on in ORats about the pipes freezing over the winter, apparently some of the estates are not down far enough and are more liable?

It was on Thursday, I didn't go though as we havent had any of those problems.

• Advertisement

I used the drogheda leader facebook page to inform the Cllr about the questions put to him on the thread.
    Wonder has he seen it yet.

http://www.facebook.com/droghedaleader/posts/229876513728840?ref=notif&notif_t=share_reply

CMpunked wrote: »
    I used the drogheda leader facebook page to inform the Cllr about the questions put to him on the thread.
    Wonder has he seen it yet.

http://www.facebook.com/droghedaleader/posts/229876513728840?ref=notif&notif_t=share_reply

Probably, but I'm sure he plans on just ignoring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr_Cat

Hi Ken, in the toll thread you explain that you believe the toll (a e1.80 charge) is one of the reasons behind Droghedas high unemployment.
    Mr_Hat just for your information id like to inform you that for commercial vehical's are e3.20, e4.50 and e5.70. You Clearly haven't fully studied your subject and might want to change your view?! by reading your comments it seems to me that you must have a dislike for cllr.o heiligh? if so i should think you should do this offline and stop posting stupid comments such as the ones posted. if you wanted, you can ask serious questions to Cllr. O heiligh or if you really want your questions answered just ask someone running the tolls? :D

Oh hai DigitalDarragh/Ruth/Counciller :D

Mr_Hat just for your information id like to inform you that for commercial vehical's are e3.20, e4.50 and e5.70.

What exactly is your point?
    by reading your comments it seems to me that you must have a dislike for cllr.o heiligh?

I have no problem with Ken Healy, just his type of populist politics.
    if so i should think you should do this offline and stop posting stupid comments such as the ones posted. if you wanted, you can ask serious questions to Cllr. O heiligh or if you really want your questions answered just ask someone running the tolls? :D

Ken (or at least someone claiming to be Ken) posted in another thread. I and other posters put questions to Ken on the other thread. He refused to answer them for fear of de railing the thread. So I started this one.

Have you actually read my questions. I don't think the people running the poll would be able to answer them, they run the motorway not the town.

I can imagine what there answers would be
    Me: Do you think lower council rates would be benifical to local bussiness
    Mr Tollman: Well being a local employer I can assure you they would

Me; Do you belive free parking within the town, would increase footfall within the town.
    Mr Tollman: Well the lack of free and convenient parking within the town is clearly one of the reasons people are shopping outside the town
    What are your thoughts Mr_Cat. DO you think there real and viable options that could improve the town for everyone. Or would you prefer the Cllr wastes his time with his unrealistic attack on a company which is providing local employment

I also find it a little strange that your first two posts, and only posts are in defence of Mr O heiligh

Mr_Cat wrote: »
    if so i should think you should do this offline and stop posting stupid comments such as the ones posted. if you wanted, you can ask serious questions to Cllr. O heiligh

Just so you are aware Mr_Cat. The Cllr in fact invited us to open this thread, and has since chosen to ignore it. You can see his invite here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74123124&postcount=143

Can you please explain why you find the comments stupid?
    Are they stupid because the questions are so self evident. Or stupid because you don't like them?

I'd also like to point out the irony of someone with such poor grammar and a shodily constructed rambling post, calling the posters here stupid.;)

Yet you still spell his surname wrong! Its Ó Héiligh. you can clearly see that in your quotes.

Yet you still spell his surname wrong! Its Ó Héiligh. you can clearly see that in your quotes.

Sorry corrected. I didnt see it there. It was a trade off between spelling his name in English or spelling his name wrong in Irish.

I think this is probably my last post on the whole Ken thing, unless he decides to come back and post. Its just become a troll magnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr_Cat

yes right fair enough the Cllr may have invited you to put up this or whatever? and yes my comments may have been in defence but what do you expect its one man against 1 or 2 ? and to be honest Mr_Hat what should you care about the company if in fact you are probably one of many who have to pay this toll ? there is no need for it to be there in the first place? and politics is a dirty game the job doesnt come easy. you should be just happy there is some one out there actually fightening for something and not sitting back waiting for some to answer the questions been asked.

• Advertisement

It not one against two or three. Were not battling it out on West St after a few beers and a kebab. Its a couple of posters who were invited to set up a thread with questions for Ken. Which he then ignores. We would just like our questions answered.

I don't care about the company. The toll is there to pay for the infrastructure and maintenance of the road. The company who run the toll, helped pay for the road. Why shouldn't they be able to recoup there investment. Its there now. There is nothing anyone can do about it. A contract was signed years ago with them. There is nothing anyone can do about it now.

My problem is not that is not a snowballs chance in hell of the toll being abolished. I would prefer my local repetitiveness fought for something that will actually help Drogheda and develop the town further. I live in Drogheda, my children live in Drogheda I'm invested in the well being of the town.

Do you honestly believe that the abolition of tolls is of greater benefit to local business, then say the lowering of council rates or the implementation of free parking in the town. Something which the Cllr can do something about. But which might not nesserially get his picture in the paper every week. Do you??

Maybe you should be asking yourself why Ken has chosen to ignore this questions when put to him. Now piss off and stop trolling Darragh.

I really wish there was someone out there fighting for the people of Drogheda and lest interested in getting there picture in the paper. Unfortunally politians like that in Drogheda are thin on the ground.

EDIT: That's it I'm done for real this time.

Advertisement