Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moses Basket Sets

Options
  • 31-08-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I'm looking for a moses basket set, in a neutral colour (not lemon), for my sister. She has been given a moses basket by a friend but the covers are for a boy and she doens't know what she's having.

Does anyone know where I'd get a set? I've looked on the Mothercare, M&P, Baby Elegance, Smyths and Eurobaby websites and can't find them. There are plenty of cot or crib sets but not moses basket sets. Not being a mother myself, I'm assuming crib sets don't fit moses basket sets.

Has anyone seen sets in any of the stores? I'd like to get the set in the nest day or two but don't want to go visiting lots of shops just to find they don't stock them.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I'm living in West Dublin so city centre or anythign off the M50 or N7 would be fine for me.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

You could ring Guinneys & check if they do sets? They do moses baskets & holders, not sure about sets though. Check Argos too.

Also, you could try Murphy's prams in Rathcoole, Tony Kealy's in Walkinstown, Hugz Babystore at the Green Isle & Premaman in Citywest shopping centre. I'd say Guinneys & Argos would probably be the cheapest places to try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NattyRasher

I called a few of those stores and have been told by one that only 2 companies used to supply them but that because the covers were very hit and miss as to whether they fit or not it meant that there was very little demand for them.
    Another store told me that due to an ISO standard moses baskets can't be sold without covers and so this is why you can not buy the bumper sets by themselves.

I think I might just buy her a new basket and cover set :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

If you are, cheapest around I found are Guinneys, Argos & Smyths. I got mine for €37 (or rather it was bought for me as a present). Have a lend of a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

You probably could do up your own sets, by some material and stitching them together with sewing machine, and attaching them on. they cant be that hard to make ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

http://www.mothercare.com/Moses-Basket-Bale-Precious-Bear/dp/B003USZDBK?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_7&nodeId=435192031&sr=1-7&qid=1314916200&pf_rd_r=0FNZFDWS4H64CNBE6164&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=435192031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

This is a link for a set in Mothercare- they do "moses basket bales" that include a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and fleece blanket.
    I know the one in Carrickmines had them about 2 weeks ago anyway, in this style and in a few others...
    They sell fitted sheets in double packs that every time I've seen them are buy one get one half price if you want to get a couple of sheets. Smyths also sell fitted moses baskets sheets separately as well that aren't as expensive as the ones in mothercare.
    Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement