Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannonball 2011 to stop at Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Not to mention Georgia and the likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quick, find your Rothmans jacket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Max Powers wrote: »
    Not to mention Georgia and the likes

My missus wont let me go if she is there... hahaha
    mike65 wrote: »
    Quick, find your Rothmans jacket!

Scarily i actually have that jacket at home... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Ah crap! I'm not around that day. Do you think they can reschedule it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

The Cannonball were great 80s films back in the day, i loved the outakes at the end.

I wonder will the Gatso vans be out when the Cannonball comes to town :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

The Cannonball were great 80s films back in the day, i loved the outakes at the end.

I wonder will the Gatso vans be out when the Cannonball comes to town :D

If they dont play that song at this ill be bitterly disappointed :)

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

shinzon wrote: »
    If they dont play that song at this ill be bitterly disappointed :)

Shin
    Hey Shinzon,

Have your own Cannonball moment by downloading the theme music, playing it in your Nissian Micra :D and then buying a SoundRacer device to give your Micra the thrilling sound of a powerful Super Sports Car engine.

- BFG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Looked great untill I read this part what a bunch of knobs:rolleyes:

The star-studded convoy, including some of Irelands best loved celebrities and household names Cannonball is Ireland's most glamorous and exciting event and Europe's largest organised road trip. World Famous chart topper BRUNO MARS was joined last year by our own Shane Lynch, former Miss World Rosanna Davison and boyfriend Wes Quirke, No Frontiers Presenter Kathryn Thomas, TV3's Elaine Crowley and Aisling O Loughlan, Models Georgia Salpa, Hazel O Sullivan and Emma Quinlan. Newly crowned Miss Ireland Holly Carpenter will be joining CANNONBALL 2011 as well as DJ Steve Cooper from 98FM, the 2 FM Ballbusters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Haha some celebrities them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Will Ryan Dunn be in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

The star-studded convoy, including some of Irelands best loved celebrities and household names Cannonball is Ireland's most glamorous and exciting event and Europe's largest organised road trip. World Famous chart topper BRUNO MARS was joined last year by our own Shane Lynch, former Miss World Rosanna Davison and boyfriend Wes Quirke, No Frontiers Presenter Kathryn Thomas, TV3's Elaine Crowley and Aisling O Loughlan, Models Georgia Salpa, Hazel O Sullivan and Emma Quinlan. Newly crowned Miss Ireland Holly Carpenter will be joining CANNONBALL 2011 as well as DJ Steve Cooper from 98FM, the 2 FM Ballbusters

I have no interest in that part of it.. i just want to go down for an eyeball at a few motors :-)

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

even though its for a good cause, (Barrettstown) this event is populated by complete w****rs if other years are anything to go by. Shame, some serious machinery on show otherwise if you can see past the sea of ego that surrounds them!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What the hell is wrong with people and their obession with z list celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

so whos joining them at the buffet in harveys , see the company bentley got a knobracer body kit put on it lately.....

WITH ALL THE TAXES BEEN SHOVED ONTO ORDINARY MOTORISTS STRUGGLING WITH THEIR FINANCES ,I WILL GLADLY NOT WELCOME A GROUP OF Z++ KNOB-RACERS INTO TOWN , CLOSING OFF THE MAIN ARTERY THE MALL FOR 3 HRS ON A FRIDAY CAUSING CHAOS FOR THE OM'S ON THEIR SCHOOL RUN OR WEEKLY SHOPPING TRIP AND HIDING BEHIND THE FLAG OF SOME CHARITY , WHY DONT THEY SELL THEIR GAS GUZZLERS AND GIVE PROCEEDS TO BARRETTSTOWN RATHER THAN PONCING AROUND THE COUNTRY CAUSING TRAFFIC MAYHEM ON THE STREETS....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

seanybiker wrote: »
    Haha some celebrities them.
    Zelebrities, surely? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I finish work tomorrow at 2 but I still think I'll avoid TBH. I can only imagine the heads down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

ziedth wrote: »
    I finish work tomorrow at 2 but I still think I'll avoid TBH. I can only imagine the heads down there.

Friday 9th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dazza27

nice to see all the begrudgers out in full force making comments about people they dont even know who are raising money for a very worthy cause and giving the public the oppurtunity to get up close to some very rare machinery !!

Ah whinge whinge. Where did we begrudge them raising money.

Not into cars meself so couldn't give a shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Hoffmans wrote: »
    so whos joining them at the buffet in harveys , see the company bentley got a knobracer body kit put on it lately.....

WITH ALL THE TAXES BEEN SHOVED ONTO ORDINARY MOTORISTS STRUGGLING WITH THEIR FINANCES ,I WILL GLADLY NOT WELCOME A GROUP OF Z++ KNOB-RACERS INTO TOWN , CLOSING OFF THE MAIN ARTERY THE MALL FOR 3 HRS ON A FRIDAY CAUSING CHAOS FOR THE OM'S ON THEIR SCHOOL RUN OR WEEKLY SHOPPING TRIP AND HIDING BEHIND THE FLAG OF SOME CHARITY , WHY DONT THEY SELL THEIR GAS GUZZLERS AND GIVE PROCEEDS TO BARRETTSTOWN RATHER THAN PONCING AROUND THE COUNTRY CAUSING TRAFFIC MAYHEM ON THE STREETS....

Clamp em all. And for God's sake hide the angle grinders! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 STOLEN_REWARD

what time is it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fbrophy

The convoy will arrive in the city between 2:15 and 2:30pm. They will move in convoy up the Quay and then Park on both sides of The Mall from Lombard Street to Catherine Street

They will depart between 4:15 and 4:30pm via the Cork Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

whatever about the cars and charity and other peripheral issues, what time does Georgia arrive? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

They've raised over €230,000 for Barretstown to date and are hoping to increase that figure to €380,000 after the next event. All the staff of the Cannonball are volunteers so I just can't get my head around why people would hold such a grudge against the event for no apparent reason ? Asides from jealousy I suppose ...

Paddy. Learn how to read.
    Where did anyone say charity is bad? We are laughing at these so called celebrities. Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

HOW DARE YOU START ON JESUS' CELEB STATUS !

:D

I was more aiming my post at Hoffmans, who seems to be upset by all the 'knob racers' who are 'hiding behind the flag of some charity' and how they are destroying the lives of the 'ordinary' motorist.

I think it's a great opportunity for people to bring themselves and their kids along to see some incredible cars up close and personal, which doesn't happen every day. It's also raising awareness for Barretstown which is a fantastic charity and one I've been involved with in the past.

Hahaha yeah sorry about poor jebus.

That's a fair point :)

Anything that raises awareness and money is good in my books.
    I know where the other fellas coming from though, meh shag it.
    Stopping the traffic is a balls but as I said before, lads get a fecking bike. Not half as much traffic and you'll be cool like me hahaha.

Advertisement