Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upload speeds

Options
  • 31-08-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have an standard eircom 7mb broadband package. My upload speed seems to be pretty poor. If I'm uploading to youtube (for example) I usually have to let it run overnight. It takes hours.

I've seen the eircom guys replying to threads and checking lines. I wonder could an eircom rep check my line? (I can pm my number).

I get about 30kbps upload.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

CGI_DJ wrote: »
    I have an standard eircom 7mb broadband package. My upload speed seems to be pretty poor. If I'm uploading to youtube (for example) I usually have to let it run overnight. It takes hours.

I've seen the eircom guys replying to threads and checking lines. I wonder could an eircom rep check my line? (I can pm my number).

I get about 30kbps upload.

Thanks!
    Hi CGI_DJ
    yes I can test this for you. PM me your tel number and should have result later today.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CGI_DJ

Thanks for the quick reply Tony. PM sent (I think!) Could you confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

CGI_DJ wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply Tony. PM sent (I think!) Could you confirm?
    Yes CGI_DJ have received your pm and will update later today.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CGI_DJ

Great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭les succulent ducks

Tony.

What is the average upload speed on a 3mb line? I can get 0.2 mb. A joke. Advertised as 1mb upload speed?? How can broadband companies get away with advertising such blatant incorrect information? And how are they getting away with it.

I have been reading a few posts on this boards.ie and everytime someone has a problem with their broadband service all I read is "i'll pm you"? Why not answer the question underneath? So we can all see?

Upload speeds in this country, because of eircom, are a joke.............

Just my opinion.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

kmetelko wrote: »
    Tony.

What is the average upload speed on a 3mb line? I can get 0.2 mb. A joke. Advertised as 1mb upload speed?? How can broadband companies get away with advertising such blatant incorrect information? And how are they getting away with it.

I have been reading a few posts on this boards.ie and everytime someone has a problem with their broadband service all I read is "i'll pm you"? Why not answer the question underneath? So we can all see?

Upload speeds in this country, because of eircom, are a joke.............

Just my opinion.........

Hi kmetelko,

The upload speed depends on the the bandwidth on the line. Can you PM the line number and I will check that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement