Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

access to eden gate

Options
  • 31-08-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey,

just wondering if there is another entrance into eden gate besides the entrance from the farrenkelly road... its pain to get to the retail center coming from the charlesland direction, i have to drive to top of the dual carriageway, turn around and come back down.... am i missing a more obvious way to get there :) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

There is another road from Delgany village that meets the first roundabout at the center but that would take a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

A masterpiece of planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

loobylou wrote: »
    A masterpiece of planning.

It would require another roundabout I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

You won't see anything done about this until the Delgany Woods / Kilcoole bypass is completed. Completion due when Wicklow Co Co have some money. That's right, not in our lifetime. :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Kilcoole Bypass? Is that not the N11?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

I don't think we can have too many complaints with Wicklow Co. Council for the road infrastructure around Greystones now. Not that terribly long ago we had to drive home from work through Shankill and Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

There's probably a fancy title for Kilcoole bypass, like green route or something like that. Parts of it have been built - From memory I think this is the rough route:

Starting at the secondary school in Kilcoole, the road that brings you past Network Enterprise Park will continue around to Ballycrone Manor (new estate), on towards Sea Road (where Holywell is) and then looping around past Glenroe farm up to the Kilquade turnoff of the R761 (Killincarrig to Kilcoole). It should then cross over the SAR at Eden Gate, go through Eden Gate down towards the Delgany Woods south access point.

You are probably aware of the completion of the thru'-route of Delgany Woods up to Convent Road in Delgany. It will all link up eventually.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

astrofluff wrote: »
    There's probably a fancy title for Kilcoole bypass, like green route or something like that. Parts of it have been built - From memory I think this is the rough route:

Starting at the secondary school in Kilcoole, the road that brings you past Network Enterprise Park will continue around to Ballycrone Manor (new estate), on towards Sea Road (where Holywell is) and then looping around past Glenroe farm up to the Kilquade turnoff of the R761 (Killincarrig to Kilcoole). It should then cross over the SAR at Eden Gate, go through Eden Gate down towards the Delgany Woods south access point.

You are probably aware of the completion of the thru'-route of Delgany Woods up to Convent Road in Delgany. It will all link up eventually.
    That's great, but they will still need a roundabout at the Eden Gate/ Farrankelly Road junction. They could have put one in during the road construction at little or no extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

recedite wrote: »
    They could have put one in during the road construction at little or no extra cost.

they should have put in an underpass when building the road, they put one in for the farm. in wouldn't even need to be a 2-way road, just to allow cars from greystones direction to access the estate; cars going from Eden Gate to the N11 could continue to use the roundabout.

Advertisement