Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Strategy and Innovation Part time Maynooth

Options
  • 31-08-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Am looking for some feedback on this course. Completed a distance learning degree with UCD in 2010 so I find this type of learning great.

Is anyone currently doing this course or has completed this course that can give me some feedback on the workload or attendance for blocks required?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 adamabyss

You didn't get a response to your query there tweety 76.

That's a pity as I am also interested in doing this course - not sure whether part time or full time yet.

Thanks,

Adam Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 twohig

Im not sure if you still need this info but im currently doing this course full time. Part timers are in on a thursday and friday from 9-5pm approx every 5 weeks. If you need anymore info let me know.

Hello twohig,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am very interested in getting more information. I would really like to do the course but it will depend on funding and I'm not sure whether part time / full time - again that depends on funding and work commitments.

I have read all the information online and it seems exactly what I want. I'm currently in second year at Maynooth doing Business & Management. I'd like to know more of how people actually find it, rather than a repetition of the course outline, but just some brief thoughts would be nice - don't want to take up too much of your time.

Thanks again,

Adam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 twohig

If you are working full time then i would recommend considering part time as the workload is very heavy. I think ive written more than i did throughout my 3 year degree!! I enjoy the course but a lot of the contact time is wasted ie on listening to other peoples presentations that go on for an hour each.
    There are 3 people in the class that did Business Mgt last year.
    We have yet to get info on the thesis - this is done in our last week in March but so far so good :) The main reason i chose this course was the fact that you get to work with a company on your thesis and apparently the rate of emplyment is extremely high.

twohig,

Thanks that's very informative. Sounds like a lot of writing for sure. I will go and have a chat with Paul Donovan as the time gets closer. We had him for a module in first year and he was very helpful. Good luck with the rest of it and I hope you get a job from it - you sound confident enough about it anyway!

Regards,

Adam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SamDennigan1

Hi twohig,

Im just about finished my undergrad at NUIM and have been accepted for the MSc in Strategy and Innovation masters. Im just wondering if you also did a business related undergrad in NUIM and if so is the course material similar to that of the masters material? Also I have read that you get to work with a company for your thesis, how is that going for you?

Regards,

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

BUMP this, anyone do this courser and can provide feedback??

I like the part time structure of 5 blocks of tow days over the two years

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

JonBon27 wrote: »
    BUMP this, anyone do this courser and can provide feedback??

I like the part time structure of 5 blocks of tow days over the two years

+1

Looking to do this full time 2014-2015 & would appreciate any (recent) feedback.

Thanks

any one??

any one??

So I applied & got called for interview. Does anyone have previous experience of the process & could let me know what to expect ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Demo did you have the interview?

Demo did you have the interview?

Interview over & place offered & accepted !

How was the interview? I just submitted my application today. How long did it take for them to come back after you applied

How was the interview? I just submitted my application today. How long did it take for them to come back after you applied
    Interview was sweet. The guy just wanted to know WHY I wanted to do the course. He doesn't seem to suffer fools though.

They seem pretty speedy in coming back. Think the deadline is approaching so don't be surprised if interview is in the next week or so.

Cool are you doing the full or part time?

Did you get your timetable?

Cool are you doing the full or part time?

Did you get your timetable?

Full time & this is a link to the timetable on the website.

https://www.nuim.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/MSc%20Strategy%20and%20Innovation%20TT%20v1.1_0.pdf

Best of luck with the interview. !

is the part timetable also available? Cant seem to find it on the site.

is the part timetable also available? Cant seem to find it on the site.

Just click on the link :-)

https://www.nuim.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/MSc%20Strategy%20and%20Innovation%20TT%20v1.1_0.pdf

Is that the full time link???

Is that the full time link???

Yes, I'm doing the full time. The part time people come in on a Thursday & Friday.

Are you sure you want to do this course ?

Best of luck with it all.

• Advertisement

Yes I am sure ... Why?

Thanks for the info.

Got accepted so starting part time in two weeks!!

Got accepted so starting part time in two weeks!!

Awesome, good for you !

Advertisement