Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted for Stephen Kings 'IT' project (Dublin)

Options
  • 31-08-2011 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently came upon a great idea. I want to put together a collection of songs based on the novel 'IT' by Stephen King. I want to fill an album of maybe 20 or 30 songs of varying length but all themed from the book. I would like to write them collaboratively, get the songs polished and recorded and then put them together in an album. Its not for commercial release or anything, just for the fun of it, but that doesn't mean it won't be released for the world to find.

It will mostly be dark, ominous songs so mostly Metal/Punk kind of genre. Haven't really settled on anything in particular yet but I would like to find and array of different musicians. If there is anybody out there who has read the book or to a lesser extent, seen the tv movie that thinks this could be a great thing, please email me at patrickhockstettersfridge@gmail.com

I'm looking for the following musicians (except for Bass as that'll be done by me):

Drums/Percussion
    Electric Guitar
    Acoustic Guitar
    Keyboard/Piano
    Violin
    Cello
    Double Bass
    Vocals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Sounds like a great idea. I dont think Id have a huge amount of free time to devote to it but Im sure I could write and record a dark industrial/circus themed piece and leave the bass for yourself to record. Let me know if thats any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Fail. Sent an e-mail, it bounced. Whoops-a-daisies.

Advertisement