Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

induction week at DIT.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Now i'm a bit worried, I too missed the induction due to an important appointment, I have looked at the timetable (Doing biosciences) and I must take the same modules with the science students however some are split into different group, eg: physics DT212/1 and DT212/x...since i've missed the induction how will i know what group i'm in??? I've just sent an email to the person in charge of my course for some help with this too. would appreciate any help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

They should be able to tell you fairly easily whenever they decide to email you back. The groups go alphabetically (at least DT228 and DT211 do) so it'll be on a list somewhere, I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ekellyie

Hi, I'm going in for my induction on the 11th at 9am, I take it we'll be given a tour of the campus, our timetable and info on services avaliable. Does anyone know how long an induction normally takes, are we most likely going to be in for the whole day?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

ekellyie wrote: »
    Hi, I'm going in for my induction on the 11th at 9am, I take it we'll be given a tour of the campus, our timetable and info on services avaliable. Does anyone know how long an induction normally takes, are we most likely going to be in for the whole day?

If I remember correctly, mine was the best part of a day, like 9-3 or something like that.

You'll get a library tour, timetable, meet a few lecturers etc,

Hope you enjoy DIT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ekellyie

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Didn't think this question merited a new thread but I was wondering what I should do about having missed my ID card collection. I was sick yesterday when our course was supposed to pick them up. Does anyone know who to contact about this? I've tried ringing a couple of phone numbers but haven't got any answers.

Is there any way I can just get it next week or does it have to be this week? I'm in Kevin Street if that makes any difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

WaterLily. wrote: »
    Didn't think this question merited a new thread but I was wondering what I should do about having missed my ID card collection. I was sick yesterday when our course was supposed to pick them up. Does anyone know who to contact about this? I've tried ringing a couple of phone numbers but haven't got any answers.

Is there any way I can just get it next week or does it have to be this week? I'm in Kevin Street if that makes any difference!
    I'm pretty sure there is somewhere you can email a pic to and they'll sort it out. Try emailing registration.service@dit.ie to get info but it might be on the site somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

you can still pick up your id tomorrow at the event as it continues and maybe even Monday.

After that just in to your local Student Service Centre and you can get it there. They are in Aungier Street or Bolton Street

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Thanks guys! Other courses are scheduled to pick up their cards tomorrow, even if I'm not in those courses can I still just show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

yeah totally no hassle...just be registered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Doe anyone know if you can still get student cards in Aungier St today?

Advertisement