Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone fake?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭

hey,

Just need some advice as i know **** all about iphones. I bought an iphone 4 off some fella on gumtree yesterday. Paid €200, as opposed to €600 they cost from apple store.

I have a feeling i may have been stitched up. Brought it home and compared it to my mates one, his is definetely real. They are very similar but there is small differences everywhere. My texting thing is simply called "text" whereas his is called "messages". my camera is called "photo" whereas his is called "photos". As well as that it came with loads of apps etc that his didnt come with like skype, facebook and youtube. As well there is 4 songs already on it, all with Chinese writing etc.

The main thing is that it seems kind of slow, unresponsive. Everything from flicking across the screen to taking a photo is just slow compared to his. He seems to think it way be a software/jailbreak issue. I dont even know what jailbroken means! His modem firmware says "04.10.01" whereas mine says "01.59.00" I am correct in thinking its like him having Microsoft Office 2007 and me having 95? If i update to a latest version will it be faster/better? or is it that i have just bought a poxy fake? Let me know anyway. Cheers lads

Here's a photo of it.

TheZohan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Thats fine its the same as mine i got it on adverts too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

TheZohan wrote: »
    hey,

Just need some advice as i know **** all about iphones. I bought an iphone 4 off some fella on gumtree yesterday. Paid €200, as opposed to €600 they cost from apple store.

I have a feeling i may have been stitched up. Brought it home and compared it to my mates one, his is definetely real. They are very similar but there is small differences everywhere. My texting thing is simply called "text" whereas his is called "messages". my camera is called "photo" whereas his is called "photos". As well as that it came with loads of apps etc that his didnt come with like skype, facebook and youtube. As well there is 4 songs already on it, all with Chinese writing etc.

The main thing is that it seems kind of slow, unresponsive. Everything from flicking across the screen to taking a photo is just slow compared to his. He seems to think it way be a software/jailbreak issue. I dont even know what jailbroken means! His modem firmware says "04.10.01" whereas mine says "01.59.00" I am correct in thinking its like him having Microsoft Office 2007 and me having 95? If i update to a latest version will it be faster/better? or is it that i have just bought a poxy fake? Let me know anyway. Cheers lads

Here's a photo of it.

TheZohan

If i'd known you can get facebook on that, I would've kept mine :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I see you got the latest handsfree kit with it.

handsfree2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

holy shit its a prototype iphone 5!!!! was the guys name steve and did he look very thin??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

Its definately genuine, because the elastic band(technical term) is the same colour as the one in DADES photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

holy shit its a prototype iphone 5!!!! was the guys name steve and did he look very thin??

He was thin alright...smelled of pee too. Not sure if his name was Steve.

Pataman wrote: »
    Its definately genuine, because the elastic band(technical term) is the same colour as the one in DADES photo.

Yeah I asked about the band and the guy just said it was to fix the antenna problems...design fault or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

TheZohan wrote: »
    hey,

Here's a photo of it.

TheZohan
    Why did you copy paste this thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73858165

Couldn't come up with anything wittier or did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

subway wrote: »
    Why did you copy paste this thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73858165

Couldn't come up with anything wittier or did I miss something?

I think you missed something....

Wow, what are the chances....

I presume quite high, but what's the joke?
    Or is that the actual joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

129494615588.jpg

• Advertisement

grand, its just not funny then...
    must get rid of my ipad so i'm not tempted to read this forum anymore

Advertisement