Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution bar false advertising

• 31-08-2011 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

The Revolution bar has a sign outside its bar advertising pints for 3 euro during matches in the back bar, but when I went in last saturday I got charged full whack, it doesnt make a difference to me because I like watching the games in there but I just think its a sneaky way to get people in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

what did they say when you raised the issue with them at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Indeed, could just be a simple till error. If you brought it up and they waved you off then it is bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Did you say it to someone in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Could just be a mistake from the bar man. As everyone else has said...if you didn't say anything to the bar man...then it's quite annoying that you would then come on and post it on a public message board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Could just be a mistake from the bar man. As everyone else has said...if you didn't say anything to the bar man...then it's quite annoying that you would then come on and post it on a public message board.

Maybe its annoying, but if its true and it happened then its fair to post it.

If I was in the situation I would have said it to the bar man, but its Flash's responsibility that barmen know what price to charge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Even the big supermarket chains get it wrong, might be just a simple error.

dayshah wrote: »
    Maybe its annoying, but if its true and it happened then its fair to post it.

If I was in the situation I would have said it to the bar man, but its Flash's responsibility that barmen know what price to charge.

It's fair to post it if you question it there and then and get no satisfaction. To not question it and then to post...sorry..that ain't fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Yes I did say to him as did alot of others who were there for the cheap drink and the bar man felt bad as well but he was told not to serve for 3 euro which was bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

This is from their facebook page - Flash sometimes posts on here so maybe he'd like to comment

"Live Sport in Revolution this weekend: Saturday the Premiership is back with Liverpool Vs Sunderland @ 3.30pm and Newcastle Vs Arsenal @ 5.30pm, this is followed by Live Rugby Ireland Vs France @ 7.30pm. Super Sunday with Stoke Vs Chelsea @ 1.30pm and Man Utd Vs West Brom @ 4pm. The hurling semi final between Tipperary and Dublin will also be shown at 3.30pm FOOD SERVED ALL DAY! SELECTED PINTS & LONG NECKS €3"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yes I did say to him as did alot of others who were there for the cheap drink and the bar man felt bad as well but he was told not to serve for 3 euro which was bad form

In that case then it's bad show. I can imagine a fair few people would go in there mainly for the cheap booze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Did you ask for a receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Well, if the correct price was €4.50, and the barman was selling it for €3, I don't think it would be long before Flash would be onto the case, and without needing to be told by customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭larchielads

anyone notice the facebook ad said "SELECTED" pints and long necks, maybe your pint wasnt one of the selected pints??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah did you ask the barman were there any pints available for €3? And what did the sign outside say, can you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I was in there on sunday for the game and got charged full price for a pint of cider when I thought it was 3e a pint? Didnt bring it up at the time because I thoughtt I was mistaken but could have sworn I saw a sign that said cider was 3e a pint during games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

God it's becoming trial by boards members on here lol, someone ask flash and am sure the whole story will come out . Note : only know the bloke to see not to talk to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've seen in other bars, when they say 'selected drinks' on special, it doesn't include a lot of the big brands, and rarely cider.

no its all drinks, the offer was being done the previous weekend also and its was all drinks, the barman was told specifically not to sell any drink at 3 euro and even acknowledged the sign outside the door, he actually felt bad about it but was told specifically to charge full whack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

So the barman admitted that Revolution was offering drinks at 3euro and the management were specifically telling bar staff to charge normal price, even though everyone knew about the signs outside?

If that's the case, it's pretty disgusting behaviour from Flash. That kind of dishonesty makes me want to see business boycotted.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    So the barman admitted that Revolution was offering drinks at 3euro and the management were specifically telling bar staff to charge normal price, even though everyone knew about the signs outside?

If that's the case, it's pretty disgusting behaviour from Flash. That kind of dishonesty makes me want to see business boycotted.

correct

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Go speak to Flash. The barman could be misinformed or anything. It might be a simple case of confusion, or you might be right in your accusation.

Complaining online wont do much and a lot of the Escape folk I haven't seen post in a good while on Boards, including Flash. Clarify first tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

was in there myself sat and they were full price,one of the lads mentioned it to the barman and he said thats the first he knew of them being 3 euro .nothing ya could do really,either stay and pay or go somewhere cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

This might be a bit off topic, but does anyone else get a damp smell in the back bar in revolution? Was in there last week to watch a match and had to go back out to the front bar. Couldnt stick it.

Sully wrote: »
    Go speak to Flash. The barman could be misinformed or anything. It might be a simple case of confusion, or you might be right in your accusation.

Complaining online wont do much and a lot of the Escape folk I haven't seen post in a good while on Boards, including Flash. Clarify first tbh.

theres no confusion, the barman was aware of the sign outside but was instructed by management not to serve at the advertised price, it looked like he felt bad about it but there was nothing he could do

theres no confusion, the barman was aware of the sign outside but was instructed by management not to serve at the advertised price, it looked like he felt bad about it but there was nothing he could do

The confusion may lie with the barman. He might have simply misunderstood Flash or he might simply have no idea at all about the deal, or how the deal worked. Maybe even the barman didn't explain himself very well and he meant the offer didn't apply to your drinks much to his disappointment.

Either way, speak with a member of management as you should always do if you have an issue with something in store/pub. You go straight to the source and you can then be concrete on if the advert was 100% false or whether there was confusion or a mixup.

Sully wrote: »
    The confusion may lie with the barman. He might have simply misunderstood Flash or he might simply have no idea at all about the deal, or how the deal worked. Maybe even the barman didn't explain himself very well and he meant the offer didn't apply to your drinks much to his disappointment.

Either way, speak with a member of management as you should always do if you have an issue with something in store/pub. You go straight to the source and you can then be concrete on if the advert was 100% false or whether there was confusion or a mixup.

considering that the same deal was being done the previous weekend and the same barman was working and giving out pints for 3 euro I fail to see how wheer any confusion could come

considering that the same deal was being done the previous weekend and the same barman was working and giving out pints for 3 euro I fail to see how wheer any confusion could come

Different promotion terms on different days? God (and flash!) only knows! Whats the harm in raising it with the manager anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 life goes on

jimbojazz wrote: »
    This is from their facebook page - Flash sometimes posts on here so maybe he'd like to comment

"Live Sport in Revolution this weekend: Saturday the Premiership is back with Liverpool Vs Sunderland @ 3.30pm and Newcastle Vs Arsenal @ 5.30pm, this is followed by Live Rugby Ireland Vs France @ 7.30pm. Super Sunday with Stoke Vs Chelsea @ 1.30pm and Man Utd Vs West Brom @ 4pm. The hurling semi final between Tipperary and Dublin will also be shown at 3.30pm FOOD SERVED ALL DAY! SELECTED PINTS & LONG NECKS €3"

that was for the weekend before the only sign i saw outside revolution on sat was 3euro drinks for escape on sat night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

For crying out loud...someone ring Flash !!!

• Advertisement

They stopped the promotion and there was no signage for it up anywhere on the day. The only signage advertising €3 drinks was for the night club on saturday nights.

That's from the man himself.

Waterford at the moment is suffering from a couple of things...one of which is something I like to call the short cycle promo. Basically it's where a venue tries a promo to keep up with the €2 brigade but it doesn't work right away so they pull it after a short period of time. Is happening a lot in this town at the moment.

Advertisement