Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution bar false advertising

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Sully wrote: »
    Either way, speak with a member of management as you should always do if you have an issue with something in store/pub. You go straight to the source and you can then be concrete on if the advert was 100% false or whether there was confusion or a mixup.

I think its reasonable to expect a customer to raise the question with the front line staff (ie barman), but I think its a bit much to expect them to then ask to see the manager. Its the manager's responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly, not the customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

dayshah wrote: »
    I think its reasonable to expect a customer to raise the question with the front line staff (ie barman), but I think its a bit much to expect them to then ask to see the manager. Its the manager's responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly, not the customers.

I'd have to agree with that. When I was running shops I wouldn't expect people to track me down if there was a problem. If there is an issue raising it with the staff is more then fair. It's not the OP's job to follow it up ya know?

There could very well be a simple reason why it happened but just changing it without warning pretty much on the day I would describe as slack.

What is the cost price of a pint of carlsberg out of interest? I often think €3 must be pretty much cost price.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with that. When I was running shops I wouldn't expect people to track me down if there was a problem. If there is an issue raising it with the staff is more then fair. It's not the OP's job to follow it up ya know?

There could very well be a simple reason why it happened but just changing it without warning pretty much on the day I would describe as slack.

What is the cost price of a pint of carlsberg out of interest? I often think €3 must be pretty much cost price.

Most front end staff cant do anything about pricing. If you have a problem in Tesco or Super Valu, you speak with the manager (or at least manager on duty) as the front end staff cant do much about it.

When the front bar staff haven't the answers, you go above them to someone who does rather than sitting back and letting it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Can I speak to the manager/supervisor has also become a sentence that immediately makes people think you're a prick. Which is a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

But of course, Revelutions isn't a Tesco though. In fact Comparing like for like I'd call it with a newsagents meaning a manager might not always be available.

I'm not saying blame frontline staff. I actually hate it when people do that. What I mean is in the event that a manager isn't able to talk (which off peak is more then fair for a pub shop) I think the OP did more then enough. Like you can't seriously expect him to go in on his free time and ask for Flash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can I speak to the manager/supervisor has also become a sentence that immediately makes people think you're a prick. Which is a shame.

Well if your the barman, and I raise an issue with the price. You acknowledge that you felt for false advertisement (as is the claim) and he (the barman) can do nothing. What else can you do? He only works there and bitching at home wont make a difference. So you ask to speak to someone who can make a difference.

Your only a prick if your asking over nothing and the barman can and has addressed the issue. Apparently we are getting good at speaking up when there is a problem (some NCA survey I heard in the news recently!)
    ziedth wrote: »
    But of course, Revelutions isn't a Tesco though. In fact Comparing like for like I'd call it with a newsagents meaning a manager might not always be available.

I'm not saying blame frontline staff. I actually hate it when people do that. What I mean is in the event that a manager isn't able to talk (which off peak is more then fair for a pub shop) I think the OP did more then enough. Like you can't seriously expect him to go in on his free time and ask for Flash.

The same logic applies. If I was in Centra next door, Coney Island or a restaurant across the road. If the waiter cant do anything about the ****e food I got or the false information, ill expect to speak with someone in charge.

Obviously if no manager is around, fair enough, he will call you later. I'm not saying otherwise in regards to that, just talking about how you escalate a problem! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Sully wrote: »
    Well if your the barman, and I raise an issue with the price. You acknowledge that you felt for false advertisement (as is the claim) and he (the barman) can do nothing. What else can you do? He only works there and bitching at home wont make a difference. So you ask to speak to someone who can make a difference.

You can mention it on boards :D

People go to the pub to relax, and asking to see the manager raises tension.

It takes away from the experience. Its the managers responsibility to make sure everything is running smoothly, that's what they are paid for. They shouldn't be firemen dealing with problems, they should make sure they don't happen. They should have told the barman that the promotion only applies to brand X or whatever, and to explain that to customers. Or else could have had the confusing sign removed. So having to ask for the manager, when you are out for a relaxing afternoon, is about as bad as not getting the promotion in the first place.

In fairness, I'm not Flash's biggest fan, but he usually is on top of things.

dayshah wrote: »
    You can mention it on boards :D

People go to the pub to relax, and asking to see the manager raises tension.

It takes away from the experience. Its the managers responsibility to make sure everything is running smoothly, that's what they are paid for. They shouldn't be firemen dealing with problems, they should make sure they don't happen. They should have told the barman that the promotion only applies to brand X or whatever, and to explain that to customers. Or else could have had the confusing sign removed. So having to ask for the manager, when you are out for a relaxing afternoon, is about as bad as not getting the promotion in the first place.

In fairness, I'm not Flash's biggest fan, but he usually is on top of things.

You shouldn't have to but we all make mistakes and the manager is the only one who can fix it. If you want to call back and discuss it another time, by all means. But don't expect the lone barman with no power to be able to fix things like that! Anyway, this seems to be a mistake from the OP, rather than flash.

Advertisement