Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from UPC

• 31-08-2011 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

After 2 months of an almost unusable connection for several days of every week I'm looking into switching from UPC. They seem unable or unwilling to fix the problem as all my support calls just disappear after they claim they will call me back(knowing them they are trying to call the house phone which I've told them doesn't work most of the time as a result of these issues and to call on my mobile) , how "easy" is it to switch from UPC to say Eircom or Magnet?

Is there much downtime between the switch, meaning will I go several days without internet access?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well order your new connection from whatever provider you choose and when its up and running cancel UPC.. Although you may overlap bills costing you double..

But sure if you haven't had any connection from UPC then you wont notice the downtime..!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Cancel, get a €29 dongle from o2 that has €40 free credit and use that for now. I think magnet would be best, but I've never used them.

Advertisement