Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Training in Dundalk

Options
  • 31-08-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew of/could recommend dog trainers in the Louth or Dundalk area?

I have a male Golden Lab (just over 2 years old) and he is a fair bit of a handful. I can walk him without much hassle but as soon as he sees another dog he goes mental (not hostile just really friendly).

Ideally we'd love to calm him down and have better control of him so anyone in the family could walk him and that we could have him in the house.

We've had problem paws out to do some training but it wasn't very beneficial. Can anyone recommend another trainer? We'd prefer to have him trained at home or somwhere where he didn't need to be kenneled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bogman44

Get a copy of the Argus. I saw a dog training ads in Classifieds section

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

I used Maureen Byrne

http://www.dogsbehavingbadly.ie/

Shes from Clogher Head but comes to your house, I also live in Dundalk

She is excellent and I highly recommmend her

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shebafay

we have used a a man from collon on two occasions. we have springer spaniels which are very boisterous. they were literally wild when we sent them up and after 3 months they would sit stay and come when they were called. however, they they stayed for 3 months with the trainer. i would highly reccomend him but he is very choosy about what dogs he takes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Thanks guys.

Going to give Maureen a call and see how it works out. I couldn't last 3 months without my best pal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jets799

Thanks guys.

Going to give Maureen a call and see how it works out. I couldn't last 3 months without my best pal :P

I have used problem paws and found her great was having problems getting the dog to walk on the lead and she called out a extra time for 2 hours at no extra charge.
    Training does not happen over night you have to put in the work.
    Hope it's going well for you now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement