Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skin problem

• 31-08-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    i gets spots almost everyday that stay for ages. they arent really noticeable from far away (ie they arent red) but my skin looks quite bad :( its like they are under the skin.
    i cleanse,tone and moisturise everyday and night. its really annoying me now because my skin never looks clear.
    any suggestions of what i can do to solve this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hi there,

What kind of products are you using? Are the right for your skin type and do they anti-blemish type ones?
    It's well worth while going to a counter like clinique or dior or whatever and getting advice. I was all set to buy the clinique anti blemish 3 step but they advised me not to cos what I thought were bad spots weren't! The body shop do two ranges also, I've tried the seaweed one and found it good if a bit expensive.
    If you wanted a cheaper range, maybe try boots. Could be worthwhile using a mask or mild exfoliator too but again, better to get advice I'd say from someone who can see what kinda skin you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Do they ever actually come out onto the skin or do they just stay under the skin and go back down?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

I had the same problem a few months back. I used to use a clean and clear face wash every day but couldn't get my usual one while shopping one day so bought the blackhead clearing daily scrub instead, also by clean and clear. Was pleasantly surprised to find that it cleared my skin right up! Hardly ever get a spot now. That's the only thing I changed so has to be what worked for me, so maybe give it a go. Think it's less than a fiver so if it works for you it's a nice cheap solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

pow wow wrote: »
    Do they ever actually come out onto the skin or do they just stay under the skin and go back down?
    no they come up after a while. some dont and just stay sore for a couple days
    giggle84 wrote: »
    I had the same problem a few months back. I used to use a clean and clear face wash every day but couldn't get my usual one while shopping one day so bought the blackhead clearing daily scrub instead, also by clean and clear. Was pleasantly surprised to find that it cleared my skin right up! Hardly ever get a spot now. That's the only thing I changed so has to be what worked for me, so maybe give it a go. Think it's less than a fiver so if it works for you it's a nice cheap solution!
    i have the blackhead one. i use nivea moisturiser and cleanser. i might use the clean and clear one again just to see if that sorts it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

It might be from the oil from your hair or if you touch your face a lot?

I have a fringe and i'm always getting spots like that on my forehead since i got it..

• Advertisement

It might be from the oil from your hair or if you touch your face a lot?

I have a fringe and i'm always getting spots like that on my forehead since i got it..
    i do lean on my hand . that might be a problem. i dont think i do it that often though to cause the spots to appear so frequently.

Do you clean your foundation brushes and make up brushes regularly? It might be that they're dirty and need a good clean ? :confused:

I know i'm probably no use to you at all I'm just trying to think of things it could be! :o

Do you clean your foundation brushes and make up brushes regularly? It might be that they're dirty and need a good clean ? :confused:

I know i'm probably no use to you at all I'm just trying to think of things it could be! :o
    i dont wear any make up. thats why i'm so confused :p i have no idea why my skin is so weird.

I have no idea either :P

You could maybe go t a Dermatologist if it bothers you a lot? Or go to a GP and try get a referral to one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

Hi there, as a fellow "bad skin" sufferer I can empathise with your situation. Some of the products which have really helped me are the neutrogena acne range. These products contain "salicylic acid" which is an excellent ingredient for helping your skin cells to renew themselves properly. Usually spots are due to a build up of dead cells and oil and this ingredient helps to prevent that build up. The scrub also contains "glycolic acid" which is used in face peels that you might get in a salon so it is also good for renewing your skin and getting rid of any dead skin lurking on the surface. Also I would suggest a topical cream to put on the individual spots if your not using any. Neutrogena again have a good one, also anything with "benzoyl peroxide" which you can get in the chemist. Just ask for an over the counter spot cream and check the ingredients list. There is one called freederm too but I think that's only available in the UK. I always put concealer on any spots I might get too and no7's concealer is non comedogenic so it doesn't block your pores or make your spots worse as some do! There is a great website called acne.org set up by an acne sufferer who now has really good skin so it's worth having a look at too. I hope some of this information helps. Get to know what works for you and try different things because at the end of the day it's your skin and you know what's best. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement